The Captain
0 Kudos

Animal Crossing Wii U pricing

Hi This morning Animal Crossing and Lottie Amiibo was $9.99
i went to the Windsor store... the shelf said $9.99

I went to the till and they said $19.99

Web code B0008324

a)  prices change in the middle of the day?

b)  aren't they supposed to honour prices on the shelfs?   Isn't there some code?

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Animal Crossing Wii U pricing

Hey!

Thanks for the question. I'm not 100% sure, but when it comes to retail (not specific to Best Buy per se) I don't believe retailers are obliged to honour a price if the product was just misplaced somewhere (or moved around and placed elsewhere by a customer) with a different price. However, if the price tag matched the product and indicated $XX, then that's something you can definitely escalate to a manager at the store.

Regarding the product you're referring to, If the price was actually in the flyer or online, then Best Buy Canada would most likely just price match it.

If you would like to escalate this to the customer service department as opposed to a store, customer service (1-866-237-8289) would need more info from you in order to offer assistance. They would need pictures or links of where you saw a price advertised.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yeah I was there a few days ago and it clearly said $9.99 for the amiibo set but never bought i so I don't know the scan price. Hopefully you argued and then got them to give you the item for free because of Ontario scanning code error.

"If the scanned price of a non-price ticketed item (an item with a barcode that doesn't have a price tag stuck to it) is higher than the shelf price or any other displayed price, the customer is entitled to receive the item free, up to a $10 maximum."

The Captain
0 Kudos

No they said, sorry its $19.99 and said we'll tell someone to take the tag down.

Highlighted
Luminary

You should be contacting support then because you dealt with someone very poorly trained. 

Last time I had that problem at the walker store I called support and put in a complaint. 2 days later the manager called me to apologize and offer me my money and my item.