Community Manager

E3 2016: Get 25x Reward Zone™ Points on Pre-Order Games

[ Edited ]

e3.jpg

Earn 25x Reward Zone™ Points with Each Pre-Order Game June 10-16, 2016

That’s an approximate $25 value based on the purchase of a $79.99 game. All you have to do is enter your Reward Zone™ member ID during the checkout process.

Bonus Offer: 10x Points for Reward Zone™ Gamers Club

If you pre-order video games during June 10-16, 2016 you will qualify for the 10x bonus Reward Zone™ points level up. You will receive 10x points on all video game purchases from June 17, 2016 to December 31, 2016. Reward Zone™ points will be automatically added to your Reward Zone™ account 36 days after the purchase date. For pre-orders, the points will be awarded approximately 36 days after the game is shipped or picked up in-store. The 10x bonus offer only applies to video game software purchases, and does not include accessories or consoles.

How do I become a Reward Zone™ Gamers Club member?

Reward Zone™ Gamers Club is a sub-program of Reward Zone™. To become a Reward Zone™ Gamers Club member you need to be a Reward Zone™ member first. You can join Reward Zone™ at any Best Buy store or online.   

Signing Up for Reward Zone™ and Reward Zone™ Gamers Club

Online:

New Reward Zone™ members:

Existing Reward Zone™ members:

• When logged into your Reward Zone™ account select Join Gamers Club Now. Visit the Reward Zone page to sign in.

In-store

New members signing up in-store:

• Tell any Blue Shirt (store associate) you would like to sign up for Reward Zone™ and Reward Zone™ Gamers Club.

Existing Reward Zone™ members signing up in-store:

• Tell any Blue Shirt you are already a Reward Zone™ member and would like to sign up for Reward Zone™ Gamers Club. Provide your Reward Zone™ ID number or the phone number associated with your Reward Zone™ account.

To join Reward Zone™ Gamers Club you must be a Canadian resident who has reached the age of majority in the province in which you reside.

Shop Pre-Order Games

FAQ

How do I get this sweet deal?

First, make sure you're a Reward Zone™ Gamers Club member. If you're not, join now! Then place your pre-order on video games, either online or in-store, between June 10-16, 2016.

Pre-ordering online: On BestBuy.ca add whichever games you wish to pre-order to your cart. During checkout make sure to enter your Reward Zone™ member ID. Shop Pre-Order Games

Pre-ordering in-store: In your local Best Buy store locate the pre-order games section and select the titles you wish to pre-order. If you don’t see a game you want please ask a Blue Shirt for assistance. During the check-out process provide your Reward Zone™ ID number or the phone number associated with your Reward Zone™ account.

Will the 25x Reward Zone™ Points offer apply to any game on BestBuy.ca?

The offer only applies to pre-order games and includes any new titles announced during E3 2016. This offer excludes Skylanders, Disney Infinity, & LEGO Dimensions.

Does the 25x Reward Zone™ points offer apply to my whole order or only video games?

It only applies to pre-order video games and the offer will be applied to each pre-order game within your order. This offer does not apply to any other types of items you have within your order or any games associated with Skylanders, Disney Infinity, or LEGO Dimensions.

What if I’m not a member of Reward Zone™ or Gamers Club?

Sign up now -- it's easy and free. Once you've logged into your Reward Zone™ account click on the E3 Gamers Club banner to join Gamers Club.

Where do I find my Member ID?

Your 13-digit Member ID can be found on the back of your Reward Zone™ membership card. You can also log in to your Reward Zone™ account online for your Member ID information. If you are subscribed to Reward Zone™ emails you can find your Member ID within the email. 

What if I haven’t received my Reward Zone™ Member ID at the time I make my purchase?

Online: If you have signed up online you'll be provided with a temporary card with a Member ID that you can use for your purchase. Your permanent membership card will arrive in the mail within 2-4 weeks.

In-store: If you have signed up in-store you'll get your Reward Zone™ membership ID instantly.

Can I use this offer if I sign up for Reward Zone™ AFTER I've pre-ordered games?

In order to receive this offer you need to become a Reward Zone™ Gamers Club member before you pre-order E3 games.

When do I get my Reward Zone™ bonus points?

Online pre-orders: You will receive your 25x points once the pre-ordered game has been shipped.

In-store pre-orders: You will receive your 25x points once the pre-ordered game has been picked up in-store.

Whether you pre-order online or in-store, the eCertificate with the value of your points will be ready approximately 36 days after the order has been shipped or picked up.

How are my points distributed?

If you made their gaming pre-order in-store, you will see 4 different line items on your RZ account totaling up to 25x points.  Basic RZ points (1x) + 2x Gamers club points (1x) + E3 promo (15x) + E3 promo (8x).

If you made your pre-order online, you will see only 3 line items on your RZ account totaling up to 25x points; Basic RZ points (1x) + 2x Gamers club points (1x) + E3 promo (23x).

In-store pre-orders:  (Example based on a $89.99 game)

DESCRIPTION

Bonus - Reward Zone Gamers Club E3 promo

Bonus - Reward Zone Gamers Club E3 promo

Bonus - 2x Reward Zone Bonus Point on Gamer Club

Reward Zone Points

Online pre-orders:  (Example based on a $89.99 game)

DESCRIPTION

Bonus - Reward Zone Gamers Club E3 promo 25x

Bonus - 2x Reward Zone Bonus Point on Gamer Club

Reward Zone Points

How do I use my Reward Zone points?

Points earned are converted to Reward Certificates that are redeemable on your next purchase in-store with Best Buy. The table below shows how much your points are worth:

REWARD CERTIFICATES

$5

$10

$20

Be sure to log in

Can I take advantage of this offer in-store?

Yes! Just make sure to provide your Reward Zone™ member ID or the phone number associated with your account during the check-out process.

If I cancel my pre-order will I still get my points?

If you cancel a pre-order made between June 10-16, 2016 you will not receive 25x points for that title. If you cancel pre-orders made between June 17 and December 31, 2016, you will not receive the 10x bonus offer for that title. If you cancel some of your pre-orders (but not all of them), you will still get your 25x or 10x points (depending on when you pre-ordered) when the game is released.

What if my pre-order releases after December 31, 2016? Do I still get my points?

Yes! Even if the game ships well into the future, you still get your 25x or 10x points (depending on when you pre-ordered) when the game is released.

What about my existing pre-order titles? Do I get my points if they release before December 31, 2016?

The 25x and 10x points offers are valid only during E3 2016. Existing pre-orders are not eligible. However, you may cancel your existing pre-order and re-order during the E3 period. If you do so, any previous promotional pricing on the pre-order will be lost.

I’m getting an error in cart that my credit card is expired when trying to pre-order, but my credit card is still valid. What’s going on?

Since pre-order games release in the future and we don’t charge you for the game until it releases, our checkout doesn’t accept credit cards that expire before the release date of the game. You have two options to work around this:

• Pre-order in-store: You will need to put a $10 deposit down for the game, and the balance owed will be paid when you pick up the game in-store after the game releases.
  • Pay using PayPal on BestBuy.ca: You can use your existing credit card through PayPal, or another payment method of your choice that is connected to your PayPal account. If you do not have a PayPal account, you can sign up for one during checkout. After completing your transaction, please update your credit card information as soon as possible.

Do I have to pay for the games when I order them?

Online: No, you will have to add your payment details when you check out, but you won’t be charged until each game is ready to ship. It does not matter if the games are released at different times.

In-store: We require a $10 deposit for each game at the time of pre-order, which is fully refundable. The balance remaining will then be due at time of pick-up when the game comes out.

Why are so many of the release dates set for December 31?

This is just a placeholder date; all games will be updated with the actual release dates once our vendor partners have provided us with full details.

Are Collector’s Edition and Special Edition games included in the 25x promo?”

Yes Collector’s Edition and Special Edition included in the 25x promo and the 10x level up.

Disclaimer & Details:

Offer valid for Reward Zone™ Gamers Club members only. Offer cannot be combined with any other promotional offer. No dealers please. Best Buy reserves the right to cancel any orders that are fraudulent or do not comply with the terms of this offer. We also reserve the right to cancel orders with multiple units of the same format, ordered at the same time, coming from a single household. Purchases on BestBuy.ca are meant for personal, non-commercial use. If you'd like to purchase a large number of products, please contact our Best Buy for Business division and we'll be glad to help you out. Excludes: Skylanders, Disney Infinity, and LEGO Dimensions.  See BestBuy.ca/E3 for details. Reward Zone™ points will be automatically added to your Reward Zone™ account 36 days after the purchase date. If you don’t see your points reflected in your account after 36-days, please call Best Buy Reward Zone™ Canada Member Services toll-free at 1-866-969-7393 (Canadian customers only).

BBYLaura
Community Manager
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Luminary

Re: E3 2016: Get 25x Reward Zone™ Points on Pre-Order Games

So instead of just straight % or dollars off we get coupons that will be given AFTER  the game ships has an expiration date and cannot be used online. 

Awesome.

The Oracle
0 Kudos

Hmm.... 25x rewards or 20% I'd stick with the 20%
Epic Genius
0 Kudos

RIP Video game deals in Canada! Cat Sad

"I come from the net. Through systems, peoples and cities to this place: Canada."
Luminary
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if I prefer this or last year's 20% off with the coupon codes. While the coupon codes last year were definitely a major problem, there was the advantage of getting the money directly discounted from the game. This year is close, but still not back up to the 30% discount mark from years past and that competitor last year because we're still being charged tax on the increased price rather than a discounted price (not to mention the increase in game prices by about 30% over the past couple of years, which is still an increase even though it was due to the falling dollar). The advantage though is that it applies to collector's editions as well, which the previous discounts often did not. I'm still going to see what's offered from competitors though, since reward zone certificates are still difficult to deal with, and not much use if the majority of your purchases are pre-order video games online from E3 deals.

Luminary
0 Kudos

Bonus Offer: 10x Points for Reward Zone™ Gamers Club

If you pre-order video games during June 10-16, 2016 you will qualify for the 10x bonus Reward Zone™ points level up. You will receive 10x points on all video game purchases from June 17, 2016 to December 31, 2016.

With regard to this paragraph. Does this mean game purchases between Jun 10th-16th will be 35x (25 + 10) or 250x (25 x 10) the reward points?

The Captain
0 Kudos

Hi Laura, just want extra clarification even if the text is straightforward

What about my existing pre-order titles? Do I get my points if they release before December 31, 2016?

The 25x and 10x points offers are valid only during E3 2016. Existing pre-orders are not eligible. However, you may cancel your existing pre-order and re-order during the E3 period. If you do so, any previous promotional pricing on the pre-order will be lost.

So any game you buy after the E3 period is eligible for 10x the points. So for example, if a game that wasn't announced during E3 was instead announced in October and has a release date in November, that game will get me 10x points?

Legendary Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

@LoveLightning, from the way the post reads, the 10x points is only available if you pre-order a qualifying game during the E3 promotional period.

Basically, pre-order one game now that qualifies for the 25x points offer, and ANY game you pre-order or buy for the rest of the year will net you 10x the normal rewards points.

Hope that clears things up!

JB

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@Cyberpik, you will receive 25x points for qualifying games during the E3 promotion. Provided you pre-order at least one title during this period, any pre-order or purchase made on or after 17 June will get you 10x the rewards points.

TL;DR - until 16 June, get 25x points on qualifying pre-orders. After 16 June, get 10x rewards points until 31 Dec provided you get a qualifying game from the E3 promotion.

JB

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Community Manager

Hi @Cyberpik

The 10x multiplier is for after E3 if you pre-ordered something during E3 (June 10 to 16).

Hi @LoveLightning

If you pre-ordered something during E3, you get the 10x multiplier for the rest of the year. So, under that scenario, yes you would get 10x the points.

BBYLaura
Community Manager
Plug-in | Join the conversation