Community Manager

E3 2017

Image result for e3 2017

To keep things all in one place, this will be the forum thread for all things E3 2017.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Legendary Epic Genius

Re: E3 2017

I hope BestBuy Canada will switch back to a % off on pre-orders during the E3 promo. I  must admit I didn't pre-order anything last year at E3 and I usually preorder 5-10 games during the E3 promo. 

Luminary
0 Kudos

I disagree.  Keep it a points system again!  I actualy bought more games than I should Smiley Tongue

I hope one day they make a system to match competitor's yearly discount, similar to how it is in a different country.

The Oracle

[ Edited ]

I have to agree with @YannickG as I stuck with the 20% off at the **retailer**, but now having **reward service** I don't buy any games from Bestbuy anymore except the ones with 20-30% discounts already

Legendary Epic Genius

The only way I would be happy with the Point Promo would be if BestBuy found a way to allow to use the reward certificates online instead of in stores. I don't live near a big city meaning the nearest store is 100km from my place and most of the time it doesn't have what I want.
Highlighted
Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

That I agree with. If BB could implement the RZ certificates online that would save me lots of hassle. Regardless, at face value it might look like you are "saving" money in a % discount, but in the long run, you actually are saving more with points.

For instance, in 2015, Best Buy did 20% off. In 2016, this was changed to 25x points, which is $5 for every $16 spent instead of $5 for every $200 spent (accounting for the double points that is standard). 5/16 = 31.25% savings which is a MUCH better deal.

In short, please Best Buy, to stay competitive please stick with the points.

The Oracle
0 Kudos

But if you remember @apt4893 MANY of us never got the 25x rewards done properly and was a lot of hassles getting it fixed. These rewards are for future purchases. I rather the discount done right away especially due to being used in stores only and not online. All my purchases are done online preorders (steelbooks). So for me to use these rewards I would have to return the product and repurchase it with the rewards. To me it's more of a hassle unless it can be used online. Also if they did the x% again that was a hassle to due to prices drop they won't give you the discount on the newly dropped price unlike the Jungle.
Luminary
0 Kudos

That happened to be as well but it usually corrected itself. That's more of an issue with Best Buy, not with the promotion. Again I prefer if it was all online and hope they will move towards it, but it's not as simple as flipping a switch. It's not a hassle to me if it is something I want, I will make sure I want it the way I want it, even if it means I have to do so.

Yes you do also bring up another downside of the % system. Many titles are also raised around E3 (this year Mario Odyssey, last year Pokemon Sun/Moon, etc) and it might not adjust properly. With points it is all scaled relatively which is beautiful.
The Captain

If Bestbuy is still doing these rewards point promo then I won't be buying anything from them ever again. Their wonky reward systems didn't give me a lot of points. Emailed their support they said they will look into it and heard nothing back. Ridiculous! If tgey can't rewards their customers properly just don't bother.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Yep I'd much rather have a precentage based discount as well.  It's cheaper too since you get the discount up front and end up paying less in taxes that way rather then having to pay full price on a game + taxes and then getting a reward coupon that you have to use on a future purchace down the road and is only good for a limited amount of time so their might not even be anything you want to use it on during that time frame.

That and they are only good for in store which is absolutely near worthless for me as someone who can't drive.  The nearest store is so far away at the edge of town I can't even get a bus to it. 

"I come from the net. Through systems, peoples and cities to this place: Canada."