Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: E3 2017

Weird, I can't find the flyer on any of the usual sites...

Anyhow for me it's a combiantion of the fact that I'm trying to buy less games since I don't have a lot of money to spend and a gigantic backlog and how hard the points are to actually use.

I have a $5 reward coupon right now and nothing to use it with.  The only game I want that they have at the moment is $50 but I'm literally better off waiting for it to price drop since I don't have any time to play it if I did pick it up now since I'd save more money that way in the long run. 

"I come from the net. Through systems, peoples and cities to this place: Canada."
Luminary

[ Edited ]

Most people only use Best Buy online so those points are useless. The only time I use my points is about 3 weeks before they expire buying eshop or psn cards. 

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

I wonder how on the ball they will be this year about actually adding games up on time.  It's super fustrating waiting for the one title that's been announced to not go up until AFTER the sale is over.

Just an an example Atlus usa just announced the localization of three different 3ds titles

rsz_dbsg1hjxsaak4ej.jpgrsz_dbsh1alxyaab1ku.jpgrsz_dbshho-waaamdrq.jpg

"I come from the net. Through systems, peoples and cities to this place: Canada."
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

apt4893 wrote:

Gold_guardian wrote:

Well @apt4893 if they are going to use an inflated placeholder price that well all know that the games will never actually ever be sold at in order to cheat us on actually getting a proper 20% off  then they can shove it

Well if you want proof, look up when Captain Toad dropped from full price to $45 or the entire Twilight Princess HD fiasco where they refused to apply it on the lower price (since the discount is auto applied at checkout).  so... I hope more people preorder because this is "better"?

It took a fight, but I can attest personally that in the end we DID get the 30% discount on the lower price of Twilight Princess HD.  My price was automatically adjusted as well without me having to re-order a few weeks before release.

JB

Luminary
0 Kudos

Juice0904 wrote:

apt4893 wrote:

Gold_guardian wrote:

Well @apt4893 if they are going to use an inflated placeholder price that well all know that the games will never actually ever be sold at in order to cheat us on actually getting a proper 20% off  then they can shove it

Well if you want proof, look up when Captain Toad dropped from full price to $45 or the entire Twilight Princess HD fiasco where they refused to apply it on the lower price (since the discount is auto applied at checkout).  so... I hope more people preorder because this is "better"?

It took a fight, but I can attest personally that in the end we DID get the 30% discount on the lower price of Twilight Princess HD.  My price was automatically adjusted as well without me having to re-order a few weeks before release.

JB

That's exactly my point.  I don't see how this is any better/wose than not getting your points.

The difference is, the ALMOST REFUSED to give it on Twilight Princess, whereas the points they have to honour it.

The Oracle

We get your point @apt4893 your the ONLY one that prefers points and apposed to %. I forgot everyone lives near a bestbuy and these points on future purchase can only be used INSTORE with expiry dates
Luminary
0 Kudos

So apparently it's a code that yo get in an email, and will (hopefully) allow you to use it multiple times for any game you order. The big issue I see is that it doesn't apply to special editions it seems, so even Far Cry 5 Gold Edition is not included in the 20% off.

Luminary
0 Kudos

Tails wrote:

So apparently it's a code that yo get in an email, and will (hopefully) allow you to use it multiple times for any game you order. The big issue I see is that it doesn't apply to special editions it seems, so even Far Cry 5 Gold Edition is not included in the 20% off.

Your best bet for that is two stores who started similar promotions since that version is on sale there

Luminary
0 Kudos

It also seems like the $39.99 PS4 games aren't included, or aren't working, despite having the banner and offer showing on the pages for them.

Luminary
0 Kudos

Tails wrote:

It also seems like the $39.99 PS4 games aren't included, or aren't working, despite having the banner and offer showing on the pages for them.

Which in particular?