Highlighted
Legendary Epic Genius

Re: My Playstation VR Journal; an Entertainment Life Changer

I don't have Playstation VR, but I saw SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING on the weekend in IMAX 3D and it was amazing.

One of the best uses of 3D was the scene where he is climbing the Washington monument.  When he peers over, I was feeling vertigo from the effect.

Luminary
0 Kudos

SonicBoom wrote:

I don't have Playstation VR, but I saw SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING on the weekend in IMAX 3D and it was amazing.

One of the best uses of 3D was the scene where he is climbing the Washington monument.  When he peers over, I was feeling vertigo from the effect.

yeah I need to go see that in 3d at a iMax 3D theatre, then buy a copy for my PSVR 3D Smiley Happy

Luminary
0 Kudos

I forgot to mention that I also bought 3d Titanic also. I did not know that Jame Cameron spent time revising his old film into 3d, although I must have heard about it in 2012 but things like this just passes by me when I didn't have the interest back then.

It is an amazing and well done movie, even when you have seen the movie before and the 3d effects are just right despite the fact that this wasn't a real 3d movie. It really makes you appreciate the size of the ship as well as making you feel like almost being there.

I'll list all the ones that I manage to buy and if anyone can suggest more, I am open to suggestions.

The Lego 3d Movie 

Pacific Rim

Jupitar Ascending

Coraline

Journey to the Center of the Earth

Jurassic Park 3D

Gravity

Hugo

Edge of Tomorrow

Titanic 

The Store that Sony Owns :-P

Lastly, I ran into problems with the online Store by Sony as after buying a few games, it wouldn't accept any form of online payment citing that my information was incorrect. The internet suggests that I buy the Playstation Store cards from BestBuy. 

Apparently after a couple of purchases through your CC or paypal, Sony locks your account for 72 hours for your protection. The only way around this is to buy the PS Store cards from BestBuy or to fill your online wallet from your CC or Paypal with a large sum of money before multiple purchases.

It does leaves you with unused money in your online wallet and you won't get refunded if you don't want to use it, it is still better than getting frustrated with being stymied by Sony's error; especially when they have, on sale, a $5 game that you must have.

I think when your wallet is near empty, paying from your wallet and getting the remainder from CC or Paypal will zero out your wallet.

For those that doesn't know as I once didn't know either or was very confused with both of the nomenclature 

Playstation Plus - subscription based that allows you play your games online with other playstation gamers plus it provides weekly discounts on digital games. You also get FREE games to download. You can get a Playstation Plus card (yearly) from BestBuy much cheaper than from Sony.

Playstation Now - subscription based and has 500 PS4 and PS3 games for you to download and play. The library grows over time and these are the same games that you buy except you can play as many and as long as you want as long as you have the subscription.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

I'm a big 3D fan and there are several I would recommend including

THE WIZARD OF OZ

DOCTOR STRANGE

PROMETHEUS

THE BFG

DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES

DREDD

FANTASIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM

JOHN CARTER

OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

ROGUE ONE

X-MEN APOCALYPSE

X-MEN DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

WORLD WAR Z

KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS

THE LITTLE MERMAID

THE POLAR EXPRESS

WOLVERINE

TOY STORY 1-3

UP

THE LION KING

The PlayStation VR set sounds cool, and it is on sale this week at BB.  However, I guess you can't watch movies with anyone else.  At the very least you would need a second headset, but I don't even know if it would work with more than one.

Luminary

[ Edited ]

SonicBoom wrote:

The PlayStation VR set sounds cool, and it is on sale this week at BB.  However, I guess you can't watch movies with anyone else.  At the very least you would need a second headset, but I don't even know if it would work with more than one.

not at the moment.

Normally we get crowd interactions on the TV so in some games you can play against the VR headset user and sound can either be from the headset plug or out on the main speakers.

but the 3d movie is routed to the headset bypassing the TV (the screen is blank with no 2d version of the movie) and sound is routed to the VR headphone plug; thus my receiver and TV automatically turns off due to the lack of input.

Yeah, if you have a better half, this might not be the right choice for sharing :-P

Thanks for sharing your 3d list... will be checking them out...