Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Nintendo Switch Pre-order information

[ Edited ]

i wish i ordered form *Competitor* at least they have weekend couriers in edmonton that will deliver it saturday with Worstbuy we dont.

The Captain

Went to competitor this morning at 3am. Waiting until they opened at 7am amd bought both a Neon and Grey console. BestBuy had still not charged me or shown any interest to ship me my item. They did however ship me a Pro controller, Charge grip, and Zelda SE. 2 of which arrived today.

So thank you so much BestBuy for shipping me the items I preordered after my Switch so that they could sit here collecting dust until you got around to shipping my console.

Oh but don't worry. I cancelled my Switch preorder. Thanks for making sure I don't get systems from you ever again.
Luminary
0 Kudos

Try walking into any other retailer to find one and cancel your order here or return it later if it's already shipped.

I casually went into a competitors store I was walking past and picked up a grey Switch 20 minutes after the store opened. Immediately cancelled my order from Best Buy.

I met a friend at a mall where they were getting their order from a competitor and that store had both version of the console sitting in a pile waiting to be bought - Pre-orders were in a second pile. This was over an hour after the store opened.

I don't think this console will be hard to find at all, but stores being as quiet as possible about what stock they'd get in addition to pre-orders made everyone afraid it would be scarce.

It doesn't seem to be. Just go somewhere else and enjoy playing your new games on your new consoles all weekend long!
Luminary
0 Kudos

my Zelda is now changed to arriving on Monday, not a Best Buy issue, but a Canada Post Issue, its in Richmond last night and hasnt even come to my area yet? have no idea why they couldnt get it to the local sorting place yet...maybe it will arrive today anyways, who knows..

Luminary

None of my local store have it but I'm not in a big city

Now my biggest piss off is I still end up giving bestbuy my money
Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Already at a friend's place with his Neon system hooked up and running Zelda while my grey Switch from a competitor sits safely in its box

The console is super tiny and impressive and Zelda BotW is 100% beautiful.

Now just to wait for my BotW SE and Zelda amiibo to arrive from the online only retailer at some point today.

The Captain

cant wait to get my switch that I ordered on jan-13....

.....7 days after it came out.

You vote with your wallet and I'm never buying so much as thermal paste from bestbuy ever again.

Highlighted
Scout

Oh look, I created an account just to +1 that I'm in Western Canada, and a few minutes ago received the shipping notification for the Switch.

Why do I continue to give my money to this corporation? I've put a lot of business through them (personal and business) and failing with such a basic concept as having a pre-order delivered (or at least attempted) on the release date is basic business practice.

Scout
0 Kudos

Pre-ordered my grey Switch on Jan 13 and still waiting for a shipping confirmation (BB says will be delivered today but Canada Post has come and gone). Best Buy should make this right if they ever want me to spend another cent in one of their stores. What a disappointment.

The Captain
0 Kudos

@reiklen I hear you buddy. I am in exactly the same boat as you. I preordered on Jan 13th as soon as the pre-orders went live. My credit card was charge and currently in the system it is showing a delivery date of March 7th. I called best buy and they said that the system is wrong and that the switch has already left the facility and I should, technically, receive it today. If I don't receive it today then I will never spend another dime at best buy. My friend who lives 15 minutes away preordered the switch a few weeks ago...long after me...and has already received it. 

Just curious @reiklen where are you in Canada?