Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: Pre-Order your Nintendo Switch!

Hello!

Just wondering but is there any word on the neon red and blue con switch being sold again? If so if you could provide an update as to when that would awesome.

Thanks,
Gabe
Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Re: Nintendo Switch Pre-order information

Does that apply to the Legend of Zelda Breathe of the Wild game for the Switch? My order says December 31st 2017.
Legendary Epic Genius

Yes it also applies to Breath of the Wild. The release date for the game is set to March 3rd and this is when your item will ship, not at the end of the year Smiley Wink

The Oracle
0 Kudos

Got a email from another electronic store that there preorders go up at 12pm
Pioneer
0 Kudos

Nintendo Switch Pre-Order Shipping Date

Good morning,

I'm not too sure if this question has been addressed before but the Best Buy Customer service hasn't been too helpful thus far. When I preordered the Nintendo Switch on January 13, the website and my order both had a placeholder date of March 31, as opposed to the actual release date of March 3. I noticed that the Switch's release date on the Best Buy website has changed and reflects the correct date of March 3, but my order still says that the item will be released and delivered as soon as March 31. Will the release date in my order ever reflect the correct release date? I'm fairly certain that my item will be shipped and released on March 3 but I just want confirmation and clarification.

Thanks.

The Captain

Re: Nintendo Switch Pre-Order Shipping Date

Good morning,

If the product's release date was changed to March 3rd, then chances are your order will be shipped or aimed to arrive on that day.

If anything, I would suggest you contact Bestbuy closer to the date to confirm the shipping update, but I'm 99% sure they'll automatically ship it to you once they receive their inventory from Nintendo.
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I agree, the "Will ship by" date is just a number... usually correct, sometimes not, but regardless, it's not tied in any meaningful way to the functioning infrastructure that will determine when your product ships. It's mutually exclusive from the actual shipping process. 

photo signature-member_zps0ovpnde8.jpg

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@kerenchandran Unfortunately, and in order not to create any false hope for anyone, the part where you say "will be shipped by" the date of release is true but the part where someone would actually receive it on the shipping day is very unlikely.

On top of that, most Nintendo releases are on Friday, meaning shipping is usually not progressing for the next 2 days...

By experience, I need to consider at least 2-3 working days before getting anything from BestBuy. (Of course it's a lot depending on your location )
Community Manager
0 Kudos

AlexLee wrote:

Good morning,

I'm not too sure if this question has been addressed before but the Best Buy Customer service hasn't been too helpful thus far. When I preordered the Nintendo Switch on January 13, the website and my order both had a placeholder date of March 31, as opposed to the actual release date of March 3. I noticed that the Switch's release date on the Best Buy website has changed and reflects the correct date of March 3, but my order still says that the item will be released and delivered as soon as March 31. Will the release date in my order ever reflect the correct release date? I'm fairly certain that my item will be shipped and released on March 3 but I just want confirmation and clarification.

Thanks.

Hey, @AlexLee.

The correct release date is March 3rd.

March 31st was just supposed to be a placeholder date.

If you still have not gotten any confirmation from customer service, I can assist by forwarding your contact info along to one of our teams in customer service and have someone reach out to you by email. Just send me a private message and let me know.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Legendary Epic Genius

Shipping date all depends on when the product arrives in the warehouse, and it's unloaded, catalogued and re-packaged for shipment to you. Ultimately, that falls to Nintendo to ensure that the Switch is received by retailers in time to get it in mail for delivery on release day. If they hold up their end, then it falls to Best Buy's employees in those warehouses to efficiently go through the steps needed to get it out the door to you. Then it falls to the shipper to process the shipment as per the shipping instructions from Best Buy and get it to you as soon as they can after that.

There's a number of hoops that get jumped through to get you the product, and in order to get it to you on release date, those stars all have to align. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This is why Best Buy guarantees a ship-date, but not a delivery date. Pre-ordering only guarantees that you will receive the product, not necessarily when you will receive it.

Hope that clears things up a bit!

JB