Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Nintendo Switch Pre-Order Shipping Date

I agree with debaser.  I am a high volume online shopper and Best Buy is no different than other online competitors when it comes to arriving on or near release date.

Mind you, if you pre-order, which everyone does nowadays, it's nearly impossible to pick up in-store on release day, so you run the risk of not getting on at all if you choose to go to the store.

Luminary
0 Kudos

don't get me wrong, I have ordered tons of stuff from Best Buy that got to me on release date, but there in itself lies the problem.  Best Buy often tells us that they don't ship until release date, which we know has to be a lie because there is no way the item will get to me if they ship it on release date.  Problem is, they don't acknowledge the fact that most of the times in order to get something to us on release day they have to ship it a day or two early.  I can't see how it's breaking a street date if it's sitting in a postal service distribution center the morning of release date ready to go out.

I got my PSVR on release date, I got my PS4 Pro on release date, so I am not necessarily worried that I won't get my Switch on release date.  Could it happen?  Of course.  Will I be upset?  Probably, since that means I go the entire weekend without it.  But saying that Best Buy can't ship these things out until they get them is a pretty weak excuse.  We know Best Buy will have these things at least a week before sitting in their warehouses ready to be shipped all over Canada.  This isn't a Mom and Pop shop who are ordering 10 Switches to be sold.  Best Buy probably has thousands that they will be sending out.

The Captain
0 Kudos

I agree the normally with BB I get things on release day. However I'm more concerned than normal with the Switch.... My preorder still says end of March, but I have friends that show the 3rd so it's not a generic place holder date...really hope some of us aren't getting a second shipment....
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@jss42 if you take a couple of minutes to review the answers on this thread, you will see that March 3rd IS the real date and that March 31st was really a placeholder.
The Captain
0 Kudos

@YannickG I did read the thread. The odd thing is that the order details on our accounts are different for different people. Mine shows the 31st, but speaking to a friend today, others show the 3rd. I'm assuming the system just hasn't updated for everyone yet, but it's odd and not something I've seen before. I thought everyone was still showing the placeholder date on their order details, but that isn't the case. No major issue, it will arrive at some point Smiley Happy
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

My guess is that the release date "saved" in the order is the one appearing on the item when placing the actual order. If I look at both Switch at BestBuy Canada right now, both of them have a release date of 2017/03/03. When I placed my pre-order, the release date displayed on the Nintendo Switch page was 2017-03-31 which is still reflecting on my order. 

Just to add to this... I have a Zelda pre-order from 2-3 years ago at FutureShop that still displays December 31st 2017 for the release date... pretty sure it will ship before that Smiley Wink 

Legendary Epic Genius

Re: Nintendo Switch Pre-order information

For those of you interested in pre-ordering the Nintendo Switch accessories, the pre-orders should be live TODAY January 24th at 3 PM EST. Good luck!!
Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@YannickG Do you have any idea what accessories are included there?  Will there be a Pro Controller available for preorder?

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@Neonridr All I can see on the info I got is the following

Nintendo Switch - Joy-Con (L/R)-Neon Red/Neon Blue
Nintendo Switch - Joy-Con Charging Grip
Nintendo - AC Adapter for Nintendo Switch - Black
Nintendo - Carrying Case and Screen Protector for Nintendo Switch™

But I wouldn't be surprised if more were actually available. 

Luminary
0 Kudos

@YannickG - well thanks for the heads up.  I probably need to order an extra set of joy cons at some point, in case I plan on having some 2 player action that require both halves.  Strange that nobody seems to have any information on the pro controller.  We are just over 5 weeks away from release.  Still waiting on any info for that plus the Special Edition of Zelda.