Highlighted
The Captain
0 Kudos

Sega Genesis and Atari

[ Edited ]

NES classic is always elusive. Best Buy will you also sell other plug and play system like sega and Atari?

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Sega Genesis

Well, I've had it! Sega announced that the Genesis is coming back and of course good old Best Buy doesn't have a clue or any in stock. I drove 3 hours today to buy one, guess it is all jungle time for me moving forward. 

Bye Best Buy! Sorry you can't keep customers. It is a real shame you force customers to drive so far for nothing. 

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2016/11/07/sega-genesis-production/ -- proof is all here that it is back in production. 

Legendary Epic Genius

Re: Sega Genesis

* I'm not a BestBuy employee, just a loyal customer * 

1) You could have just called your local BestBuy instead of driving 3h... you would have saved a lot of time and money in gas 

2) I read Gaming news everyday and just saw TODAY that Sega was putting a new Genesis in production. If the news of the production comes out TODAY, why would you even expect stores to have it in stock?

3) Quote from YOUR link that YOU posted... 

Look for TecToy’s Genesis console to release in June 2017 for approximately $138 USD "

Again, why would you be mad at BestBuy for your own mistakes... 

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

There is also a Sega Genesis handheld that plays 80 games and (I believe) can plug into a TV.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Good point but he still could have called before driving and the Genesis his link talks about is a new one not released... 

Legendary Epic Genius

Hi there,

as YannickG pointed out, the console's scheduled release is June 2017 - with it only being announced yesterday. It is unlikely any retailer will have a definite answer on stock levels, pricing or anything of the sort.

Best of luck on your search
Senior Precinct Chief Store #965 - Badge #70627
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Sega Genesis and Atari

[ Edited ]

Hey!

I don't believe there are any set plans to sell Sega and Atari right now. If Best Buy Canada does end up selling those systems, I'm certain the gaming team will provide me with that info to make announcements should that time come though.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Oracle
0 Kudos

Sega Genesis & Atari

[ Edited ]

Will these be available to preorder at the end of the month? I read that they will be at all retailers to preorder then @BBYTerence

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Sega Genesis & Atari

Hello.

I do not have any news at this time. If anything changes, I will post updates.

Be sure to follow @BBYC_GamersClub on Twitter as well.

Thanks.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation