The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild Master and Special Edition pre-order

Yes it is still on the Nintendo Canada site, but it also used to be on the Zelda site and then was removed, which is not a good sign and what we are referring to. No need for the tears

http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games/detail/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-special-edition-sw...

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Re: The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild Master and Special Edition pre-order

Funny, they are back on the listing on zelda's page, along with some more competitors, but all the links are to the standard edition or a page not found still.
Pioneer

Nintendo must not like Canada.
Pioneer
0 Kudos

How much will the special edition cost
The Captain
0 Kudos

TLDR: We are all to blame for the mistake of assuming Master Edition will be available at Bestbuy. For now, let's move on and try to offer suggestions to avoid this issue in the future.

In all honestly, Bestbuy isn't really at fault here. As mentioned before, the Zelda subsite mentioned that Master Edition could only be pre ordered at *Competitor* in Canada, where as in USA people can pre order from Bestbuy and other competitors. However, I and most likely many others, checked directly on Nintendo Canada's site which mentions that we could pre order Master Edition at Bestbuy and other competitors. Sadly this wasn't true and here we are paying the price.

So to everyone, including myself, that missed out on Master Edition, lets accept the fact that everyone is at fault. We (consumers) should have looked at other sites to confirm which retailers have the Master Edition available for pre order. Nintendo should have maintained both the main site and Zelda subsite to ensure consumers are aware of where to pre order the Master Edition. Finally, Bestbuy is also partially at fault as they should have acted on the matter during the announcement, instead of waiting after pre-orders have opened.

@BBYTerence@BBYLaura@BBYBilly For future announcements, can you and your team follow the press conference and immediately after the press conference come to a conclusion about what is available for pre order? This way, consumers are aware of what you guys will be carrying that was announced and it slightly lessens the pressure on consumers and your team.

Also, I don't really use Twitter, but I would love to have some sort of option to subscribe to Nintendo related Video Game News. Maybe the guys who created the site could add Tag based subscriptions so we can subscribe to a Topic and filter the subscription based on Tags or just strictly subscribe to Tag based announcements. I would be happy to give you guys any other ideas that could help avoid this issue in the future.

Luminary

You still assume it won't be. Multiple sources official sources have different information. I can't assume any is true. So for now we just have to wait till Nintendo and the retailers figure their stuff out. Yes BB said no master edition but Nintendo.ca says it will be getting it and Zelda.com can't make up its mind. Keep calm and quit freaking out.
The Captain
0 Kudos

I don't really believe bestbuy should be responsible for an event held by another company. It's not as if best buy is the company producing the product which is being sold here, they don't really have control over that. They've done perfectly fine in the past, so I don't believe there's reason to blame them over it. Someone simply put a link to bestbuy on the zelda website someplace other than where it should have been.

Also, I don't think the community mods have any power over when it goes on sale. It's unreasonable to have them carry any blame here.

We're all miffed about the fact that nintendo no longer knows it's audience and how to properly sell anew appropriate quantity of goods. Let's just hope these problems are solved this coming month before launch.
Luminary

Also you assume they will know what's happen ring right after a press conference. BB has to wait till Nintendo tells them what's up. Nothing they can do. Please stop complaining to BB about stuff they have no control over
The Captain
0 Kudos

Hold up. I'm not really complaining here, I'm just stating what I observed from the problem. I'm only providing sugesstions to help avoid problems like this in the near future.

random11 wrote:

You still assume it won't be. Multiple sources official sources have different information. I can't assume any is true. So for now we just have to wait till Nintendo and the retailers figure their stuff out. Yes BB said no master edition but Nintendo.ca says it will be getting it and Zelda.com can't make up its mind. Keep calm and quit freaking out.

As for this incident, I actually spoke to Nintendo support, and they also said that the same information as mentioned on the Zelda site. That is, the product is only available on competitor's site. Its a business tactic that was used in the past for other pre orders that I can't remember off the top of my head. So, if Bestbuy and Nintendo both said that its competitor exclusive, how likely is it that Bestbuy will receive it?

random11 wrote:
Also you assume they will know what's happen ring right after a press conference. BB has to wait till Nintendo tells them what's up. Nothing they can do. Please stop complaining to BB about stuff they have no control over

Okay buddy, let me tell you that this case, Bestbuy had from 12PM EST til 9AM EST to determine what's going on with pre orders. Clearly, if they have a department that is focused on Gamers, I would assume that a team would be ready to communicate with Nintendo Reps. Obviously I know its gonna take a while for Nintendo to respond, but if they take the innitiave and start a post here, people will relax (like yourself). When @BBYTerence posted a response saying he's looking into the issue, I'm pretty sure people were somewhat relieved and were waiting for a response.

The Captain
0 Kudos

As I mentioned earlier, I don't really blame community mods, but rather the Gaming team at Bestbuy. I only mentioned mods so that one of them will look at the response and pass the feedback up the chain.

As for the quantities of the product, all I can say is that its a Master Edition and it is meant to be limited. I also don't like the number of quantities that Nintendo publishes, but I can somewhat understand why they have a really short supply.