Luminary
0 Kudos

does this sandisk micro sdxc card come with an adapter?(need one for switch)

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sandisk-sandisk-ultra-128gb-80mb-s-microsdxc-memory-card-sdsqunc...?

im looking at this one on your site and it doesnt show the adapter that is needed, thanks for info, planning to order for my switch, but need to know 

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: does this sandisk micro sdxc card come with an adapter?(need one for switch)

According to other sites yes it should have the adapter

Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: does this sandisk micro sdxc card come with an adapter?(need one for switch)

thanks, i may wait though and get a 200gb because ive heard the san disk 128gb have an issue where some have melted from overheating in laptops and there was a report of one guys card melted in his switch, its not the hardwares fault but something to do with the sd cards

The Oracle
0 Kudos

I have that one and comes with a adapter. Where is the info on it melting @Mike33?
The Oracle
0 Kudos

Nvm I found it and it was only 1 guy. Not sure what to do with my card now. I haven't opened it yet
Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

I wouldnt worry about melting, I have had many SD cards of all different sizes and never had one melt

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

All SD cards typically have the same thermal characteristics, so I would say your one story is a one-off.

Luminary
0 Kudos

yeah doesnt seem to be a wide issue, i could only find that one story too...

best buy also has the 200gb but its 139.99...going to wait for a sale

Legendary Epic Genius

The speed of the data transfer and the size of the capacity are major factors in heat of an SD card.

However, it is also the responsibility of the device (laptop, Nintendo Switch, camera) to provide proper ventilation and cooling.

A company like SanDisk has extensive coverage for their products.  I have personally worked with them on FLASH memory.  They are probably one of the most stringent companies in the memory business so catastrophic failures like what you describe should be extremely rare.

If you were to suffer such a failure, I'm sure it would be covered by your warranty and if you contacted SanDisk, they would replace it.

The Oracle
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm just afraid it might ruin my Switch. I just returned mine since I don't need it atm as I buy physical carts