Community Manager

5 Video Game Questions About You

[ Edited ]

controllers.jpg

Since I'm still getting to know a lot of you here, and I'm seeing community members from all skill levels and interests in video gaming, I found 5 questions I thought would be great to ask you about your gaming experiences and passion. I'd love to see you share your answers here. Smiley Happy

1. Why do you play video games? 

2. What game got you started in gaming and what is your game now?

3. What's your highest gaming accomplishment?

4. What's your record time binge-playing a single game and what game was it?

5. What are your passions besides gaming? 

Thanks for sharing!

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Epic Genius

Re: 5 Video Game Questions About You

1) Because it's super fun and you can do things in Video games you could never do in real life like slaying a dragon, flying a spaceship or saveing the world!

2) I remember back in the day really wanting to have a nes. Seeing the game boxes at the video rental stores always fasenated me and I loved playing Double dragon over at my great grandmothers house with my cousins.  The first game I actually owned however was Mario Land on gameboy which I had a very tough time beating back in the day.

My game now would have to be Fallout 4. I've been playing it several days a week for since January.

3) Maybe beating Metroid 2 as a kid. That was a super tough game back in the days before you could look up maps and faq's on the internet.

4) I know I've got a few games I've sunk well over 100 hours into but none of those where all at once.  I guess for Binge sessions the time I spent an entire weekend playing Dragon warrior 1 for the game boy colour from start to finish.

5) Watching anime and reading comic books (mainly about super heros)

"I come from the net. Through systems, peoples and cities to this place: Canada. My format: Guardian, to serve and defend. To defend my fellow citiziens, their hopes and wallets. To defend them from scams and save them money. They say good deals still exist in this country despite the fallen looney. They were wrong!"
Luminary

It makes me forget about my problems for a few hours everyday. Also a great way to keep in contact with my friends.

Oh boy.. Super Ghouls and Ghosts & Super Mario World were my very first video games that I remember but my father being really big into pc's I would expect he let be play games with him at one point. 

I don't really have a game right now I switch between a bunch. Overwatch is looking to be a great time killer though.

Any of my 1000/1000 or platinum trophies i've gotten over the years. 

This one is hard to remember because i've done alot of bing-playing.

Any warcraft expansion I put 30+ hours into from the midnight launch so I could get max level.

But the most time on one single game would prolly be Diablo 2 during march break I played for about 46-49 hours when I was 14.

Reading, Watching Hockey, Playing MTG with my friends or just hanging out with my parents if they need to go shopping.

Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

1. Why do you play video games?

I play videogames cause it entertains me & are a lot of fun.

2. What game got you started in gaming and what is your game now?

I honestly not sure what game got me started into gaming as my parents had the Atari 2600 and played it a lot but I think the one game that really got me into playing a lot was Super Mario Bros.

I would have to say Gears Of War 3 as I spent 369 days to complete it & unlock Seriously 3.0. Here's me unlocking it http://youtu.be/2WFlVELJkQo

4. What's your record time binge-playing a single game and what game was it?

Gears Of War 3. A lot of grinding.

5. What are your passions besides gaming?

Love listening to music & concerts, watching movies & tv shows

The Captain

1. Because it's fun and there's no consequence, except losing time in real life and social life /sadface.
2. When I was around 5 year old, someone gave us a PC(WIN95) with a SNES emulator. Me and my siblings played The legend of Zelda on it.

3. (World of Warcraft vanilla) Me and my brother led a unkillable NPC from Wasteland to Ironforge(Free weapon skills for everyone).
4. Diablo III around 3500H, waiting for the next season.

5. 3D modelling, collecting and watching anime or show.

Luminary

a few reasons:

I love computer hardware. As hardware evolves so do video game. When I buy a new computer component I need to find something to test my hardware. Video games do this for me.

Value - Video games can be a lot more affordable than board games. If you've ever played a minis game (Warhammer, X-Wing, Star Trek Attack Wing, Star Wars Armada) you quickly realize that you're limited with what you can do due to size & money restraints. In Star Wars Armada for example a Imperial Star Destroyer Costs almost as much as a brand new video game and that is just ONE game piece. With games like Homeworld: Deserks of Kharak, Ashes of the Singularity or Supreme Commander where you can field hundreds of units it wouldn't be economically feasible for me to buy the same number of miniatures for a tabletop game. (That said I also own a decent number of Star Wars Armada figures & have just started buying x-wing miniatures)

Ease of setup: Sometimes friends won't want to commit to playing a board game and playing a couple of rounds of Mario Kart or Mario Party is just as fun and it doesn't require much time to setup! Not to mention there isn't cleanup either!

Star Fox Zero just launched so I've been playing that. However I also love anime and playing Minecraft while also watching Anime is very enjoyable!

Building a vast City in minecraft (technically still a work in progress) however you can go outside at nightime in the city and not encounter a single hostile MOB

If it wasn't for the fact that I play Minecraft on (my own) a server Id say Minecraft as I've likely sunk in thousands of hours over the 4 years I've been playing.

for "true" single player games, Mount & Blade Warband, STALKER(series) Fire Emblem Awakening, Xenoblade Chronicles X are all games I've sunk hundreds of hours into 

Computer hardware, Strategy games (star wars Armada, X-wing, Twilight Imperium, RISK), Nerf (I collect Nerf Blasters - I enjoy shooting at friends without the risk of hurting people or breaking things) Fish Keeping, Bird Watching

Legendary Epic Genius

BBYBilly wrote:

Since I'm still getting to know a lot of you here, and I'm seeing community members from all skill levels and interests in video gaming, I found 5 questions I thought would be great to ask you about your gaming experiences and passion. I'd love to see you share your answers here. Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing!

1.  I play video games because they allow me to escape from reality for a little bit each day, and they give me a chance to connect with people who I would otherwise not know, and enjoy an experience together with them.  It's like going out and getting a drink, but instead of meeting up at a bar, we meet on the virtual battlefield. 

2.  My first really vivid memory of playing a video game was playing a game called Airborne Ranger on the Commodore 64.  That game was a lot of fun - you had to sneak up the battlefield without being spotted by the enemy, skirting around enemy soldiers and mines and barb wire to get to a bunker that you had to take out, and you only had a certain amount of time to do it, because there would be an air evacuation coming in that you needed to make it to, otherwise you would fail.  There were a lot of different terrains, from temperate to desert to arctic, each with their own map and own objectives.  It was a really fun (and frustrating) game.

The first game console I owned was the Nintendo 64 - that system was really "mine." Both my brothers had moved out, I was a teenager and my parents got this for me for my birthday. Goldeneye was the first game I owned for it.

3.  It depends on the game.  There are a number of games that I took many painstaking hours to get all the achievements in (eg. Borderlands 1 and 2).  I'm also an avid Gears of War player, and one of my greatest accomplishments with that series came in Gears of War 3 when I had matches where I was able to get, for example, 34 kills and only 3 deaths.  They didn't happen very often, but it was always a nice feeling when I could pull something like that off.

4.  I've spent hundreds (if not thousands) of hours over the past decade or so playing the Gears of War franchise.  Also, I make the most of just about every Zelda experience that I can, and each game can easily take me between 80-100 to complete fully.  I take my time and really immerse myself in the environment.

5.  My family is my passion.  Just about everything in my life comes back to them, and everything I do, I do to help support the life we have.  My wife and I have an almost two year old daughter and are less than a month away from our second child.   

JB

Legendary Luminary

1. I love escaping to another world and enjoying what each game has to offer.
2. I don't remember what first got me into gaming but what I do remember is playing PS1 with my brother and N64 smash bros with my best friend, What I'm currently playing is Destiny, Smite, and Halo Wars.
3.To many to count Smiley Tongue
4.I'd rather not say but Destiny for 18 straight hours when the 2.0 patch came out and a buddy and my self were beating IGN while they were streaming it haha.
5.Sleeping and eating (but don't tell my girlfriend that)
Legendary Oracle

All really good questions @BBYBilly Smiley Wink

1. I play video games to pass the time, and as a social thing to do with some friends, it's a topic for conversation starter.

2. The game that got me started was "Pong" and eventually I progressed to playing Halo on LAN with 4 other buddies. For now I started playing Battlefield again, but I don't like the new version, so occasionally I revert back to C&C .

3. Highest gaming accomplishement was nuking all 4 of my buddies when we played Halo.

4.My record time for binge playing was somewhere in the area of 48-56 hrs. I think it was when I decided to try and invent an I V drip solution for coffee and food, as a time saving device of course. Smiley LOL

5. I like to figure out what makes things "tick", and I love to explore new places, so an occasional drive to nowherespecial happens a lot on weekends. So happy I got the A/C working again in my car.

Community Manager

It's great reading everyones answers and seeing what kind of games you're into playing. Thank you for playing along.

For me:

1. I don't get a lot of time to play anymore, I mostly play now to decompress & shut my brain off. 

2. It was something fun to do with my friends. I loved having weekend tournaments of a game at a friends place when I was yuounger. My game now is still Madden. I play online in a league with friends. 

3. 100% completion of GTA 5. I also remember beating Final Fantasy 8 a loooooooong time ago. That was the first time I really ever sat through a game long enough to beat it. 

4. I'm not sure the total amount of hours played, but I've had a few weekend long binges. New games out playing at a friends place. Like I said, when I was younger, we'd have weekend long tournaments of games, we'd barely come up for air, maybe long enough to grab coffee or order a pizza. 

5. My passions are music, football and baseball. If I can play Madden with my stereo cranked then I'm in a good place Smiley Happy

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation