Legendary Hero of the Universe

Re: False advertising

I am no employee of Best Buy, there is very few employees that are on this board, and most of them come on this board as a peer and do not represent Best Buy

Luminary

Ok so here is my take on this. Yes PS4 KH 2.8 Limited Edition is on sale for 65.99 this week it seems how ever the listed price on the website for the regular is 79.99. In the picture that you took it looks like the left case 79.99$ is the 2.8 version of the kingdom of hearts but i can't really make out the tag i'm just going by case look. The black case one that is under the 65.99 tag is the Kingdom of Hearts 3 which that one would qualify for price accuracy if that was the boxes under that tag. Again i'm just going by the looks of the case on the website vs the picture.

Kingdom of Hearts 2.8 Regular (not limited edition)

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/kingdom-hearts-hd-ii-8-final-chapter-prologue-ps4/10394663.aspx?

Kingdom of Hearts 3

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/kingdom-hearts-3-ps4/10255421.aspx?

False advertising is usually saying you sell one item at a price but not honouring that price however you need to keep in mind on the Limited Edition was on sale. Again for this version you also need to keep in mind that certain amount of copies are made.

Highlighted
Luminary

Now here is the second post about keeping out of stock boxes on the shelf. Again I want to say that this may not be the exact reason but only a plausible reason. Companies actually pay for their products to be displayed on certain sections and areas so since they have to pay for that the companies can always request that the boxes stay there for advertisement since they are already paying for the spot. A great example product placement would be grocery stores in the cereal isle, sugar rich ones are at eye sight of kids while the healthy ones are up top. There is also another major game shop that also keeps up the display box even when out of stock so i'm going to assume that this request from game companies are a common occurrence.

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Operative word is "Limited edition"

The Captain
0 Kudos

If YOU DON'T HAVE IT TAKE IT OFF THE SHELF you all talk and act like you work there. I like how big box companies screw over the working class with false hope.

The Captain
0 Kudos

BEST BUY must pay you guys good for the feed back on this. Making up every excuse to cover up what they did.

The Captain
0 Kudos

If you don't work for them why is their signature logo in your name?
Luminary

exactally which part was i trying to cover something up and maybe i can help clear it up further. In my previous post i stated i'm just using the box art to compare to the tag under it and only the limited edition was on sale not the regular. Unless i'm wrong but in your picture that you took the 2.8 does look like it is under the 79.99 tag and Kingdom of Hearts 3 is under the 65.99 tag.(agian too blurry to make out what it actually states on the tag) Here are links to IGN which also displays the same box art :

Kingdom of Hearts 3

http://ca.ign.com/games/kingdom-hearts-iii/ps4-29852

Kingdom of Hearts 2.8

http://ca.ign.com/games/kingdom-hearts-hd-ii-8/ps4-20042901

To even further expand why leave empty boxes the term used on dragons den/shark tank is "slotting fees" aka display fees/pay to stay fees. Again i'm just assuming best buy charges those fees on manufactures thus must keep the advertisment up for a certain amount of time.

Legendary Epic Genius

Couple of points:

1. A sale for the Limited Edition of the game doesn't automatically make the regular edition of the game also on sale, even if the sale price for the Limited Edition is lower than that of the regular edition.

TL;DR - the limited edition was on sale. The regular one was not. If you buy the regular edition, you pay they higher price.

2. You're right, the box should be removed; however you don't have all the potential information at play. Do you know when the last copy of the limited edition was sold? Perhaps it was very shortly before you went to buy it and the employees didn't have the chance to remove it yet. Even more relevant, while the employee at the cash might get an alert that the product being sold is the last copy of something, it's entirely possible that they either missed the alert or they were too busy to action it at the time (long lineups happen) and then it slipped through the cracks. Best Buy employees are human too, and oversights can happen.

Ultimately, you brought the item to the front, found out it was sold out (that sucks), so you decided to buy the regular edition of the game. Then you saw it scanned in at full price and assumed that because the Limited Edition was on sale that the regular edition must be as well (it wasn't) and that it should be sold to you at the lower price (it shouldn't).

I'm sorry you had a crummy experience, but based on the information you've provided here, the facts aren't really on your side. While yes, the box should have been removed, it does not constitute false advertising. While it's unfortunate that the item you wanted that was on sale wasn't available, the next closest thing isn't going to suddenly be on sale.

Hopefully things work out better for you next time around.

JB

Legendary Luminary
0 Kudos

Juice0904 wrote:
Couple of points:

1. A sale for the Limited Edition of the game doesn't automatically make the regular edition of the game also on sale, even if the sale price for the Limited Edition is lower than that of the regular edition.

TL;DR - the limited edition was on sale. The regular one was not. If you buy the regular edition, you pay they higher price.

2. You're right, the box should be removed; however you don't have all the potential information at play. Do you know when the last copy of the limited edition was sold? Perhaps it was very shortly before you went to buy it and the employees didn't have the chance to remove it yet. Even more relevant, while the employee at the cash might get an alert that the product being sold is the last copy of something, it's entirely possible that they either missed the alert or they were too busy to action it at the time (long lineups happen) and then it slipped through the cracks. Best Buy employees are human too, and oversights can happen.

Ultimately, you brought the item to the front, found out it was sold out (that sucks), so you decided to buy the regular edition of the game. Then you saw it scanned in at full price and assumed that because the Limited Edition was on sale that the regular edition must be as well (it wasn't) and that it should be sold to you at the lower price (it shouldn't).

I'm sorry you had a crummy experience, but based on the information you've provided here, the facts aren't really on your side. While yes, the box should have been removed, it does not constitute false advertising. While it's unfortunate that the item you wanted that was on sale wasn't available, the next closest thing isn't going to suddenly be on sale.

Hopefully things work out better for you next time around.

JB

All of this. Well put Juice. It's unfortunate the OP had a bad experience, but it sounds like it was just a case of unfortunate circumstances.