Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Nintendo Switch

NicolasDucharme wrote:

So any new information on a new shipment any time soon?

Hey @NicolasDucharme.

Nothing confirmed yet. Once the team responsible for the Nintendo merchandise notifies me of any updates, I'll notify everyone here.

Thanks!

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Captain
0 Kudos

why does the website say to :

To get the latest updates follow our Twitter BBYC_GAMERSCLUB

then they just redirect us back here?

Highlighted
Community Manager
0 Kudos

When updates become available, normally those updates are posted on both the twitter account and here. I believe the website, by default, directs people to twitter because that twitter account is specific to gaming. However, sometimes the twitter account will link to here as well because some posts might require more than the 140 character limit, and some questions are sometimes already answered here on the forum in previous posts. 

Currently, there are no updates about Nintendo Switch stuff, but when there's some news, we'll post updates. Thanks!

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Safe to say the news will land here first? 

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

2 competitors here in Québec all recieved 5 to 10 unit each yesterday. Any news from Best Buy ?

Community Manager
0 Kudos

As long as the community team on the forum is given the news to post, we'll post before the inventory goes live on the website. Twitter should be doing the same as well.

Usually both Twitter and the forum should receive the news around the same time.

However, there are times when things are posted here on the forum first, but sometimes twitter might beat the forum to it. Sometimes twitter posts are pre-scheduled, timestamped, and automatically published. Forum posts are done manually, and occur during business hours PST.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Community Manager
0 Kudos

There are no updates about Nintendo Switch stuff this morning, but when there's some news, we'll post updates. Thanks!

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Scout
0 Kudos

Will they generally be offered online before the shipments reach the individual retailers? Right now I haven't had any luck getting anyone to answer the phone in-store... So this seems to be the only way I can get any information about best buy inventory...

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey @AdamBlack

I'm not sure if they will alwas be offered online before shipments reach the individual stores, however, the updates posted on the forum usually pertain to inventory that is available for online purchase. Both online inventory and in-store inventory are TBD right now. When the gaming department has news, I'll be sure to post whatever news they provide. 

Thanks!

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Scout
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I found one at **retailer**, They had two left. First I went to Best Buy and they just shook their heads. Probably laughing that I even thought for a second that they would have consoles in stock. So I was walking to my car and there was a **retailer** up ahead (Yonge and Eglinton in  Toronto) and I decided to take a chance.  Now they charged me $450 and I know that's a premium (better than what they're asking on some online sites. The guy said he had to import them from the US and pay shipping. Yada yada yada. Whatever. I needed this for my son's birthday. It's the only thing he asked for so I was willing to pay the extra 50 bucks. Besides if I had ordered it online somewhere I would have had to pay for shipping anyway. Good luck folks. They have one left if you're willing to pay a premium.