John13
Aspiring Member
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 online pre-orders

[ Edited ]

To be honest, I don't expect ps4 tomorrow. Games from Brampton, Ont. takes about 2 days. I live in Markham, Ont.  I was hoping to play some games this weekend.  I am not happy with pre-order on-line experience. I rather just do it in-store and picked it up later. :smileyhappy:  I have Nothing against Best Buy, I just want to play ps4. I believe, we just caught up in the whole experience, we want experience it badly. 

EDIT: I check my order status on bestbuy.ca, i got tracking number, I hope it will come tomorrow :smileyhappy: Cheers

Forristal
Plug-in Legend
0 Kudos

I don't know any real speciics, but I just want to take the chance to mention that the shipping system generates emails with shipping confirmations on a pretty significant delay when it's under heavy load.  I've actually received packages from Best Buy.ca *before* the confirmation e-mail.

If your credit card has been charged, your order has been fulfilled, so anyone experiencing that is probably in good shape.

KingKapadia
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

My Preorder JUST got shipped (from BB Warehouse, prob wont arrive at UPS till late night or early morning). Also I have had SEVERAL preorders where my shipping information has come the night before, so they ship out late evening/night the day before and deliver it the next morning. You guys really should be patient!! Ive had the shipment information appear as late at 11pm, and arrive the next day (all preorders for games and receive day 1, except pokemon cuse that was a Saturday and UPS doesn't ship on weekends)

DA_Dave
Best Buy

Hey @Shoey5,

I agree, if people do not get their preorder tomorrow, they have every right to be more than upset.  But so far, the release hasn't happened yet.  No one's console is late, no one has missed release day yet.  I am not saying that no one's console will be late, and anyone who's console is late has earned every right to be angry, but so far, the only people who have been saying that everyone would have to wait until Monday are people on the forum.  

David G.
Multi-Channel Sales Assistant
Best Buy Kanata
(613)287-3912
Teibban
Emerging Member
0 Kudos

Hey dave,

You are right. I should only be upset if I do not get it tomorrow.

However, please note that most of your competitors use either Fedex, ups or purolator which are far more reliable than Canada Post.

I think that Best Buy should at leadt consider this for the expedited shippings.

Have a good launch tomorrow
Devtek
Aspiring Member
0 Kudos

@Forristal ...and what about those of us who haven't been charged...we just have to hope we were charged late enough that the bank won't update until tomorrow I guess
matthew1786
Aspiring Member

I think everyone just needs to take a step back and calm down a little. Have a beer.

At no point did the retailer ever state that your package will be guaranteed to be delivered at your door step on 2013-11-15. The only guarantee they ever made was that for every pre-order that they received, there is a console to match it and that it will be shipped (not delivered) on launch day. They can not be held accountable for anything else. Once that package leaves the distibution center, their hands are clean and its all on the delivery company to follow through.

Tracking information and mass email is not as simple and fast as texting. There is always a delay between the time something happens and the time you observe it. The more things that are happening, the longer that delay, its literally a law of physics. Try sending everyone on your contacts list a text message at the same time. Most likely your phone will crash or freeze up for a few minutes. These things happen, don't worry about it. No one is too blame. A system like this does not have to be designed to handle peak loads at maximum efficiency because the propriater is not liable. This system is a luxury designed to keep the customer feeling like they are in control of their package. Marketing 301.

Perhaps other retailers have more robust systems in place to ensure customer satisfaction. Or maybe they just have a smarter marketing and legal team and put up smoke and mirrors. The point is, you made the decision to make your purchase with this retailer, no one else. Don't blame others for succumbing to a system designed to pull you in through intelligient marketing. If the purchase of a new electronic is meaningfull and important to you, do a little research before you decide where to make the purchase.

With all that said, all this can be for nothing. For all we know, tomorrow everyone (or most) get their consoles and feel stupid about complaining today. So until then, as I said before, just grab a beer, I'm sure you have tomorrow off anyway.

Matt

mariob85
Aspiring Member
0 Kudos

I just got my shipping information.  I live in Ancaster (40 min from Mississauga warehouse).  From previous experience - once Canada Post picks up a delivery, I usually have it the next day.  Juding by how these tracking notifications are not real time - i'm assuming canada post picked it up this afternoon and will arrive at my house tomorrow.  Oh and I ordered June 11th.  Anyone else get shipping info from around Mississauga yet??

mariob85
Aspiring Member
0 Kudos

Here is my order info...

Ruxster18
Aspiring Member
0 Kudos

You make a good point Matt. No one really knows what's going on, maybe all these consoles shipped early this morning and the system is just updating now to let us know. The problem is that BB could have sent out a blanket email explaining just that. If I had an email saying they were doing their best and that the system would be slow because of volume, that's fine.
The problem is that they are giving us nothing at all. I think people have a right to be frustrated with the lack of communication.