Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Potential issues with Nintendo Switch

I am not a Nintendo Switch game owner, however I saw some videos that dealt with issues relating to defects with the new Nintendo Switch.

Some problems included an electronic squeel, the display freezing, loose controller.

One issue also dealt with the plastic screen which gets scuffed or scratched as the hand held display is put in the base statiion. This can be deal with easily, by having ClearPlex installed by the Geek Squad.

Have any of you experienced any symptoms or similar issues?

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Potential issues with Nintendo Switch

I read an article about dead pixels and how Nintendo is saying that it is normal.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Everything about this console launch screams "rush job."

Nintendo caught themselves between a rock and a hard place, because people had been waiting for SO long (a Zelda Wii U title was originally announced in 2011, and officially announced as being in development in Jan 2013). It had been over four years since it was officially announced, and they had gotten to the point where it was realized that the game wasn't going to be ready for this console cycle, so they scrapped a number of potential features from the WiiU version of the game (gamepad support, anyone?) in favour of development for the Switch.

The problem here is that because they were so concerned with getting BotW out to people as quickly as they could because they had already lost a lot of good will from their fan base. This led to what I can only assume is the cutting of corners on the Switch development, meaning what issues we're hearing of likely won't be the last.

Nintendo's biggest problem is that they are always late to the game. They've now released a new console that can play with the big guys, but they've done it 3-4 years too late with no real guarantee that the top third party developers are going to get on board with them.  Hopefully they learned their lesson from the WiiU and didn't make it extremely difficult for developers to actually make games for this console. 

I hope it's a success and doesn't suffer the same fate as the WiiU. I personally love my WiiU and am happy that I purchased one. I am also happy that I chose to wait to get a Switch. Launching without any sort of backwards compatibility, combined with next to no launch games other than BotW and a handful of other games that few people care about, with promises of more titles to come around the holidays is not a good way to launch your console. People appear to have bought the hype - hopefully Nintendo can ride that wave until they get off their butts and make the Switch a real console.

JB

Legendary Luminary
0 Kudos

SonicBoom wrote:

I read an article about dead pixels and how Nintendo is saying that it is normal.

Wow. Just...wow.

Glad I wasn't gunning for one of these.

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

SonicBoom wrote:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-Switch/Troubleshooting/There-are-black-or-bright-dots-on-...

there's the link for reference

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Jeebus, they actually expect people to buy that? Off to a solid start with the Switch, Nintendo....

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Just as a by'n'by, the same is claimed by TV manufacturers about dead pixels being "normal".

Highlighted
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Hmmm, never seen that before.

I've heard of one or two dead pixels being normal, but from the stuff I was reading about the Switch, some people were suffering a pretty significant number and being told that's normal.

JB

Legendary Oracle

Personally speaking as a consumer, if I purchase a product such as gaming consol or TV or computer whose screen has 1 dead pixel, I would consider it as a manufacturer defect.

Like anyone else, I would demand that the product I purchase be free of defects, because my hard earned money doesn't have any defects.

For any manufacturer to say that they "expect" some form of defect to be "normal", is not a comforting thought, especially in todays day and age, where customer service seems to be dwindeling from many manufacturers, and seems to be going the way of the p01l7kb9 Dodo bird.

In the immortal words of Bob Marley " get up, stand up for your rights".