magudao

Return Policy for Xbox One?

I bought an Xbox One on launch day but I prefer the PS4. I was wondering I can still return it.

nchu89
Aspiring Member
0 Kudos

Re: Return Policy for Xbox One?

Yes you can. You have until Jan. 5, 2014 since the launch day for XBOX One falls within the extended "holiday period" return policy.

I have both systems as well and prefer the PS4. I'm going to be keeping both systems though.
magudao
0 Kudos

Oh alright thank you! I read their return policy but I just wanted to be ultra sure.

Bestbuyfan
0 Kudos

I just wanted to comment on the EXCELLENT SERVICE I received at the Riverdale, Utah Best Buy!  We purchased an XBOX ONE on Nov 21st (12 hours of waiting in line).  Last night we started having issues with the hard drive.  Anticipating we would have a long and torchered experience in exchanging, we went to best buy.  Upon arrival we were directed to the return line where we were service was quick and excellent!!  NO HASSLES!! They didn't have any left but the still helped to secure one though their on line ordering.  I will be a shopper of BEST BUY for years to come just because of the way I was treated at the Riverdale, Utah store!!:

ColdHeat89
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@Bestbuyfan you may wish to post your comment here:

http://forums.bestbuy.com

And welcome to Canada, eh!

herpderp99
0 Kudos

HOW is it an "extended" return policy if someone bought something in the middle of December and now has less than the original 30 days to return something?   Screw you Best Buy!   You didn't even TELL us on our receipts!   What if we didn't go online!?

wizard17
Plug-in Legend
0 Kudos

if you bought something in the middle of december you have 30 days to return it....

so if you bought dec 17th... you have until jan 17th

bby wizkid
DA_Dave
Best Buy
0 Kudos

Hey @herpderp99 ,

The return policy for the holiday season is 30 days or January 5th, whichever is longer.  For people who bought something on November 2nd, it is obviously better to go to January 5th than just 30 days since it is likely a gift, which is the reason for extending the returns.  If something was purchased after December 5th, the 30 days still apply.  It should say the regular return information on the back of your receipt both in English and French.  You will never have less than the regular return period, but there are times when Best Buy extends the policy to help people who are shopping for gifts not get stuck with anything if the person gets two identical items (or decides they would rather have something else). Hopefully this clears up any confusion. 

David G.
Multi-Channel Sales Assistant
Best Buy Kanata
(613)287-3912
herpderp99
0 Kudos

Ok thanks for clearing that up.   Wish the wording was more specific about that.    So I should have no problem returning the tv I bought for myself on December 20, on my day off this coming Tuesday jan. 7?

DA_Dave
Best Buy
0 Kudos

There shouldn't be any problem at all (barring things like physical damage)

David G.
Multi-Channel Sales Assistant
Best Buy Kanata
(613)287-3912