Enter to win an ESP LTD 7 String Electric Guitar signed by Stephen Carpenter
byBBYMartin11-17-201508:59 AM - edited 11-24-201504:28 PM
I’ve been telling people for years that Best Buy has the best contests. Okay, I admit, as Editor-in-Chief of the blog program here at Best Buy I am a little biased. But in all honesty I have not seen any other company conduct so many really cool giveaways. That is especially true this holiday season. We kicked off this holiday season with an amazing toy contest, giving away approximately $5000 worth of the best toys of 2015 (in fact you can still enter until Thursday night). And the contests will keep coming all through the holidays so return here often to enter them all.
Every contest we do has amazing prizes. This contest is no exception. The Prize is a highly coveted ESP LTD guitar. All of their guitars are highly coveted of course. They are endorsed by a huge assortment of guitarists like Ron Wood of the Stones and James Hetfield of Metallica. However, they are best known for producing some of the heaviest, heart-pounding sounds of heavy metal.
Best Buy is a great place to go if you are a musician because of the huge assortment of musical equipment that we sell, especially online. Guitarists can find everything they need, including the best accessories to help them make incredible sounds. You’ll find amps, cables, picks: in fact we just did a blog post about the huge range of accessoriesto give you an idea of what’s available.
Best Buy also carries a huge selection of musical instruments. In fact, we already carry an assortment of ESP and LTD guitarsand that selection is about to get a lot bigger. Soon we will be reviewing a couple of these new guitars on the blog, including my favourite 6 string model, the ESP Eclipse (shown on the right). To celebrate, we are offering a very unique chance to own a very unique instrument. The winner of this contest will win a 7 string ESP LTD Guitar that has been signed by Stephen Carpenter, guitarist of the Deftones who regularly performs with 7 and even 8 string guitars. This instrument features tons of great details:
Basswood body, Maple Neck, and Rosewood fingerboard
Thin U-shaped neck with 24 extra jumbo frets
ESP LH-307 Pickups
You’ll never want to put it down! If you are a guitarist, this will be one of the coolest guitars you’ve ever played. If you are not a guitarist you’ll be motivated to take lessons so you can begin to enjoy this fantastic instrument.
How to enter
This contest is really easy to enter. In fact, there are 2 ways to enter. You can leave a comment here on the contest blog announcement telling us what will be the first song you’ll play on this ESP guitar. You can also leave a comment here on the contest blog announcement telling us the first accessory (perhaps an amplifier, or a guitar strap) you will purchase to go with this amazing guitar. That means you can enter a maximum of two times.
What you can win
We will randomly select one entry from all eligible comments entered here on the blog. That person will win a brand new ESP LTD 7 string SC-207 guitar signed by Stephen Carpenter.
This contest will run from November 17th until November 23rd.
Remember you can enter only twice, once by telling us the first song you will play on this guitar if you win, and once by saying what the first accessory is that you will purchase if you win this guitar. You can also share this article with friends and family so they too have a chance to win—after all music is for sharing!
Martin loves working with the talented editors and writers on Plug-in Blog as Blog Editor-in-Chief. During his spare time he is either working on his next novel, cooking up a masterpiece in the kitchen or having fun with his teenagers on the tennis court. He regularly shares fun and interesting articles on his Twitter account.
Contest Rules for Best Buy’s “Win a signed 7 string ESP Guitar from Best Buy”
November 17 to November 23, 2015
How to Enter
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Entries may be made between 9:00 am PST on Tuesday, November 17 and 11:59 p.m. PST on Monday November 23 (the “Contest Period”) in the following method:
a. Leave a comment on the contest blog announcement telling us what will be the first song you’ll play on this fantastic ESP guitar; or
b. Leave a comment on the contest blog announcement telling us the first accessory you will purchase to go with this amazing ESP guitar
3. Only one entry per person per method of entry, for a total of 2 entries per person. Participants making more entries than permitted may be disqualified. Entries that are fraudulent are not permitted and will be declared invalid.
Who Can Enter
4. The Contest is open to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence before the end of the Contest Period. Where an entrant is a minor, a parent or guardian who has reached the age of majority in his or her province of residence by the closing date of the Contest, must indicate acceptance of the Contest rules.
5. The Contest is not open to employees of Best Buy Canada Ltd. (“Best Buy”), and its parent, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, or their other representatives or agents, or anyone with whom any of the foregoing is domiciled.
6. There is one (1) prize available to be won: a 7 string ESP LTD Guitar, hand signed by guitarist Stephen Carpenter. The total retail value of the prize is approximately $659.99
7. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The prize may not be sold, transferred and no component thereof is convertible to cash.
8. Prize to be administered by Best Buy. All of the above Prize details are subject to change without notice at the Best Buy’s sole discretion.
9. All other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner.
10. Prize is subject to the following restrictions:
a. Prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and not redeemable for cash;
b. Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be sold; and
c. Best Buy reserves the right to substitute any of the prize with a prize of equivalent retail value in the event the prize are not reasonably available at their discretion.
11. The contest will take place from November 17 at 9:00 a.m. PST until November 23 at 11:59 p.m. PST. One winner will be selected by random draw from all eligible comments made on the contest blog announcement. The draw will be made on November 24 at 10:00 a.m. PST at Best Buy’s office located at 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC, V5J 5K3
12. Following the draw, the selected entrant will be contacted using the contact information on their blog profile.
13. In order to receive a prize, the selected entrants must:
a. Respond to the prize notification email or telephone call within forty-eight (48) hours of transmission;
b. correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
c. sign a declaration stating that he/she:
i. has read, understands and complies with the Contest rules;
ii. releases and discharges Best Buy and its parents, subsidiaries affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents(collectively, the “Released Parties”) and
iii. consents to the announcement of the winner's name and the use by or on behalf of Best Buy of the winner's name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements, and/or use of winning room for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the winner.
14. Should the prize winners fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in paragraph 13, their applicable prize will be automatically forfeited and another entrant will be selected by random draw.
15. The chances of winning a prize depends on the number of eligible entries received.
Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure
16. By entering the Contest, participants consent to Best Buy’s collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided in Contest entries for the administration of the Contest and in aggregated, non-personal form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits, which reports Best Buy’s may disclose to others.
17. Participants who indicate on their entry form that they wish to receive Best Buy’s e-newsletter further consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of their personal information (including their email address) by Best Buy for the purpose of providing the e-newsletter. Signing-up for the e-newsletter will not affect the odds of winning.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
18. Best Buy and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
a. any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest entries, regardless of the cause;
b. any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email;
c. any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after Contest entry forms are submitted;
d. any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
e. any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest prize, or the use of the caweb site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by Best Buy or anyone for whom Best Buy is responsible, and notwithstanding that Best Buy may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
19. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Best Buy, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Best Buy may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
20. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND BEST BUY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
21. Return of any prize notification email as undeliverable may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected.
22. Decisions of Contest judges in respect of any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
23. Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest rules.
24. Best Buy reserves the right, at their option, to publish the winner's name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
25. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
26. Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government.
27. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity Contest may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie des alcools, des jeux et des courses for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.