Plug-in Contest: Are you the perfect candidate for our Windows 8 test pilot program?
byBBYSamantha10-15-201209:12 AM - edited 10-16-201204:08 PM
Are you the perfect candidate for our Windows 8 test pilot program? Find out how you can be one of 4 lucky winners selected to test drive an HP Envy 4 Touchsmart Ultrabook with Windows 8…and did we mention that you can keep the ultrabook?
The Windows 8 launch is just around the corner (October 26th), and we want you to give us your perspective on the new operating system! Not only will you be amongst the lucky 4 selected to try out one of the most anticipated software launches in recent history…you get to keep the HP Envy 4 Touchsmart Ultrabook it’s loaded on!
Here are the details:
Your Windows 8 Experience. Make it better with HP
We are looking for 4 people to test drive HP Envy 4 Touchsmart Ultrabooks with Windows 8 operating system and give an unbiased review of the new software.
Winners will be gifted the HP Ultrabook equipped with Windows 8, and will be required to write 3 reviews of a minimum of 350 words on 3 specific topics (as determined by Best Buy Canada) by specific due dates.
Your reviews will be published (in part or whole) on Best Buy Canada’s online community Plug-in blog, where you’ll be able to share your views and experiences with Windows 8.
How to enter:
Are you a tech savvy individual? Stoked about the release of Windows 8? Then we’re looking for you!
Entry is quite simple: just tell us, in the comments section below why you would be the perfect candidate for our Windows 8 test pilot program? And make sure you include the following in your comment:
The majority of time I use my computer for ______
My current Operating System is _____
Contest entries will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on October 19, 2012. The 4 entries selected to be our test pilots will be announced right here on October 23, 2012.
How to Enter the Windows 8 Test Pilot (the “Contest”)
1) No purchase necessary.
2) Entries may be made between 9:00 a.m. PST on October 15, 2012 and 5:00 p.m. PST on October 19, 2012 (the “Contest Period”) by logging in to the Plug-in Community and telling us in the comments section below a description of yourself and why you should be considered as a Windows 8 test pilot. To qualify for selection, the requirements noted above must be filled out in its entirety.
3) You can also enter by mail, by printing your full legal name, date of birth, city or town of residence, phone number and email address, answering the above contest question on a 3” by 5” piece of paper, and mailing it to “Windows 8 Test Pilot Contest”, 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC, V5J 5K3. Your entry must be received by 5:00 p.m. PST on October 19, 2012.
4) Only one entry per person. Participants making multiple entries will be disqualified. Entries that are fraudulent are not permitted and will be declared invalid. All entries become the property of Best Buy Canada Ltd. (“Best Buy”) and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Who Can Enter
5) The Contest is open only to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) of who have reached the age of majority in the province of residence on Monday, October 15, 2012
6) The Contest is not open to employees of Best Buy or Microsoft Corporation ( collectively the “Contest Organizers”) their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, or their other representatives or agents, or anyone with whom any of the foregoing is domiciled.
7) There are four (4) prizes to be won: each prize consists of one (1) HP Envy 4 Touchsmart Ultrabook, containing Windows 8 software (the “Prize”). The total value of all Prizes is approximately $4000.
8) The Prizes are non-transferrable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-convertible to cash. Best Buy reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equivalent retail value in the event a Prize is not reasonably available at its discretion.
Awarding the Contest Prizes
9) A judging committee of no less than three (3) and no greater than five (5) Best Buy representatives will review the entries made by each of the entrants and will, at their sole discretion, determine which four (4) entrants will receive a prize. The winners will be announced no later than Tuesday, October 23, 2012.
10) Following the selection by the judging committee, all selected entrants will be contacted by telephone or by email at the telephone number and email address stipulated in the entrant’s Contest entry.
11) In order to be declared a winner, each selected entrant must:
a) Respond to the prize notification within two (2) days of transmission;
b) Correctly answer, unaided, a time limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
c) sign a declaration stating that he/she:
i) has read, understands and complies with the Contest rules;
ii) releases and discharges the Contest Organisers and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates; and
iii) consents to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of the Contest Organisers of the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, write-ups as set out in paragraph 13 below, voice or statements for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the winner.
12) Should a selected entrant fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in paragraph 11, the applicable Prize will be automatically forfeited and another entrant will be selected by random draw.
13) In addition to the requirements set out in paragraph 11, the winners must submit three (3) write-up of no less than 350 words regarding their experience with the Windows 8 platform. The topics and deadlines for these write-ups will be provided to the winners by Best Buy. If the write-ups are not provided by the winners to Best Buy, the winners’ applicable prize will be forfeited and repossessed by Best Buy.
14) The chances of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure
15) By entering the Contest, participants consent to Best Buy’s collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided in Contest entries for the administration of the Contest and in aggregated form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits, which reports Best Buy may disclose to others. Participants acknowledge that Best Buy and BC Hockey will have access to the winner’s and his/her accompanying guest’s personal information for the purposes of fulfilling the prizes.
16) Participants who indicate on their entry form that they wish to receive information on upcoming specials and promotions from Best Buy consent to Best Buy’s use of their personal information (including their email address) for that purpose. This will not affect the odds of winning.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
17) Contest Organizers and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email;
- any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after Contest entry forms are submitted;
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest prize, or the use of the bestbuycanada.ca web site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by the Contest Organizers or anyone for whom the Contest Organizers are responsible, and notwithstanding that Best Buy may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
18) If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by the Contest Organizers, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
19) In the event of a dispute, entries submitted online will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization