ScottRoy
0 Kudos

Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T - Where is the keyboard?

Model #: XE500T1C-A01CA

I am looking at this item and it indicates that there is no QWERTY keyboard.  This tablet is a hybrid and has a keyboard dock.  I do not see that dock listed on your site.  How do I purchase that too?  Kind of hard to get a hybrid if you don't sell both parts.

ScottRoy
0 Kudos

Re: Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T - Where is the keyboard?

So the Best Buy in the States has model XE500T1C-A04US  

I assume the A04 is with keyboard.  Is there a Best Buy rep on here that would know if we are going to get that up here?

BBYSamantha
Best Buy
0 Kudos

Hi ScottRoy,

At this time, we are not carrying the keyboard.

Thank you for your post!

BBYSamantha
Plug-in Blog Editor

Plug-in | Join the conversation
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great blog post? Click on the WHITE STAR to show your appreciation!
Follow us on Twitter @BBYCanada
lobsterdude

Hi Sam,

So where do we get the keyboard?

techgeek

[ Edited ]

Hello there,

Why is the Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T tablet priced at $699. 

When you go to the Samsung website, (http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/tablet-pcs/XE500T1C-A01US)

both the tablet with S-pen and keyboard dock together is priced at $749.

So to Best Buy, you shouldn't be pricing the Samsung Ativ Smart PC 500T like this. I saw this product when it debuted in Berlin at the Samsung Unpacked event, and up to now. It should be $649.99 for the tablet itself or $749.99 for the tablet and keyboard dock. 

If you charge $699.99 for just the tablet, then what are you doing is ripping of people and the hard money they earn. Unless you are going to charge people $49.99 for the keyboard dock, don't even think about selling the Tablet for $699.99. Charge people fairly, or no one will shop at Best Buy. 

In Conclusion, please ajust the price of it to $649.99 and $749.99 respectivly.

Also, the tablet dosen't have USB 3.0 and all... get the spec sheet updated for this beautiful Windows 8 PC. You guys will do anything to sell any "i" something ipads but you won't work hard to get this awesome Windows 8 which ties tablets and the power of PC computing and Microsoft Office and all, out to people properly.

If you don't reply to this, or if you delete this post, that will show of how stubborn you guys are.

Thanks in advance.

Gregry
0 Kudos

Hi. I totally agree with you on this. Thank you for letting me know. I saved a $100 dollars by going to the store you said. Paid $729.99 and got the keyboard dock too. Thank you so much
Jaz
Jaz
0 Kudos

Looks like your post was edited by a moderator, I'm not surprised.

I'm with you 100%. I noticed the same issues with price. I should also mention that not only does this tablet come without the keyboard, but it comes without an s-pen...... so, shave off another $20-40(?) from the price that they should be posting.

I wonder what other features are missing that we will learn about.

Thank you for your post, I'm so glad to see someone else who shares my view here.

Forristal
Plug-in Legend
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, what you've linked is the American Samsung website, with American pricing.  

Samsung doesn't seem to have the tablet on their Canadian website yet, so I can't show you their pricing, but I did manage to find this press release that mentions, about halfway down, "Available at select Canadian retailers in late October, the Samsung ATIV Smart PC retails from $699 CDN."

In other words, the base model is selling in Canada at $699.  Sorry for any confusion, but this isn't an error - it's Samsung's MSRP in Canada.

Trifus
Aspiring Member
0 Kudos

Samsung has these tablets under their Laptop category.
Forristal
Plug-in Legend
0 Kudos

Trifus wrote:
Samsung has these tablets under their Laptop category.

Good call, thanks for pointing that out.  That is, indeed, my fault - I was searching for them under tablets.