Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Horrible experience at Bestbuy delivery and customer service

Purchase on June 2, 2017: we purchased a Samsung fridge and Bosch washer and dryer at Bestbuy store located at 2400 Yonge St. Toronto. We visited the store twice: the first time the sales told us that if we buy more than 1 appliance, we could negotiate price with the store. We closed the deal when we visited the store the second time, the purchasing experience is fine except that we did not think we got the best deal though.

Delivery on on June 7, 2017: WASHER/DRYER not working / there is a dent on the back of the FRIDGE

the appliances were delivered to us several days later. we had a not good feeling about the delivery guy, it seems they were in rush with no patient (they said they have to go to 20 families during 1 day and I don't believe that is a reasonable arrangement for the delivery team). Anyway, at the last minute, the delivery team told us our drying is connected to gas and they cannot do anything unless we have some licensed gas expert to disconnect the gas power. SO I called the gas engineer who came to our house within 15 minutes and they assured us that they could disconnect the gas power within 5 minutes. The delivery guy did not seem happy. Anyway, after the delivery team installed the washer and dryer, they told us our power jacked to they dryer/washer is disconnected and they cannot do anything but leaving for their next stop. SO we were left with not-working-at-all washer and dryer. 

THEN we checked the washer/dryer installation by ourselves by reading the manual and then we found out the installation is different from what we were told at the Bestbuy store. Then we thought it might be the fault of the delivery person to hook up the machines. So we decided to call customer service (we were pursuaded to purchase a 5-year warranty for each of the washer/dryer and fridge, but then the calling and waiting experiences sucked).

Customer service/GEEKSQUAD: we called the number on the Geeksquad info on June 7 and the called was forwarded to store. the store told us they will send someone to our house on june 8 from 2pm to 6pm and we then waited on June 8 for the whole day and no one showed up. We then called geeksquad on June 8 night and the called was transferred from one person to another person and I repeated my story and requests for at least 3 times (i would appreciate if the person who anwered the call could have told me that he/she is not responsible and may transfer my call to the right department and then i do not need to say repeated story). ANYWAY, it seems the customer service person is not patient and not want to satisfy their customer.

My suggestion to all potential buyer is NOT  TO BUY ANY GEEKSQUAD WARRANTY, useless.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Horrible experience at Bestbuy delivery and customer service

Hello.

I am sorry to read about your experience, and thank you for your honest feedback. However, customer service does not monitor or participate on the forum. This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum and not a customer service centre, so the community team on the forum cannot resolve customer service issues. You will have to contact customer service regarding your customer service matter. I'm sure they would like to attempt to help you find a resolution. Please send me a private message and provide me with your name, email, and order number. Don't post that info on here for, for privacy reasons. I can forward your contact info along to them, and they are the ones to provide all further assistance. Keep in mind, they might not be able to reach out to you instantaneously. 

Thanks.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. With the exception of announcements that I'm instructed to post, the majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation