Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Where can I make a formal complaint? There is no clear link provided on Best Buy website.

To Whomsoever It May Concern

This is to notify you regarding SOCIAL EMBARRASSMENT and faced by us

We purchased new appliances (refridgerator, cook-top stove, washer and dryer) from BestBuy store located at LaSalle (Unit # 0502 - 7077 Newman Blvd, LaSalle) on July 6 2017.

We requested for delivery to be on the 8th of August 2017. The salesperson told us that it would certainly be possible. However, after paying for our order we realized that the delivery date was determined to be 12th of August. When. We asked the salesperson about it, she told us that we just have to call BestBuy a few days before 8th August 2017 to change the delivery date to 8th Aug 2017. We did as asked but the guys at BestBuy told us that it would not be possible since some items are not in stock and that delivery is still scheduled for 12th of August. It was definitely inconvenient to us but we agreed and were eagerly waiting for the delivery to be made on 12th of August 2017.

I called BestBuy one day before the scheduled delivery date to confirm about the delivery time window. I was informed by the BestBuy computerized system that delivery was scheduled for 12th August 2017. We had some work engagement elsewhere on the 12th, but we canceled it in order to be present for the delivery. However on the 12th, when we called BestBuy again we were told that delivery couldn’t be made on that day. We were informed that there was some error in BestBuy system and that delivery could not be made that day. BestBuy agent told us that it was a “small miss” for them, however it turned out to be a big mess for us. We had invited our friends and family over at our new place for the weekend. We had people coming from Toronto to visit us at our new home. We had to cancel the program and since we had no idea at the time when the delivery could be made, we could not even reschedule the program. It was a big social embarrassment. However, my parents in law were already on way from Toronto towards our place which is approximately 6 hours drive. My mother in law cooked some food for me and my wife and brought us some sweets as well. We did not had any refrigerator where we could store all the food prepared for us. We could not finish all the food in a single day and most of it got spoiled. We felt very bad and the situation was mentally harassing for us. They stayed with us over the weekend and the four of us had to eat out for three days since we did not have any stove with us. It was very inconvenient for us.

On 14th August 2017 we were informed by BestBuy that the delivery could not be made until 17th of August 2017. It was very disappointing for us as we thought the delivery would be made as soon as possible the next week.  We tried to explain our situation to the agent but we did not receive much cooperation in terms of any corrective action. Finally we were given a time window of 11.20 am to 2.20 pm on the 17th of August 2017 for the delivery to be made. I had to take some time off from work to receive the appliances. We even called BestBuy again to confirm the time window in the morning. Still the time window was 11.20 am to 2.20 pm for that day. However, given our experience with BestBuy, when we called gain to double check the time window, it was shifted to 12.20 pm to 3.20 pm.  I had plans to go back to work after installation of the appliances but it now seemed to not be possible.

My wife also called BestBuy again the same day (afternoon of 17th Aug 2017)  to inform them about the troubles faced by us and to confirm the actual time of delivery since I was waiting at home doing nothing but just waiting for BestBuy delivery to happen. She was asked if she wanted to cancel the order entirely. This is no way to treat customers. We did no pay more than 4000 dollars for new appliances so that we can be treated like this.

I got an automated call from BestBuy at around 3.07 pm informing us that the delivery would be made in the next hour (i.e. by around 4.07 pm). The delivery window was extended by 2 hours now. I had to cancel some tasks I had planned at my work because of the same. I also got a all from BestBuy at 3.27 pm Aug 17 2017 asking if I was still waiting for the order to be delivered. I was also told that I could receive a 100 dollar gift certificate by BestBuy because of the inconvenience we faced. I declined the offer as I was really disappointed by BestBuy at the moment. I do not know how the social embarrassment as well as mental harassment faced by us was valued at $100.

We are really disappointed by how BestBuy responded to our situation and the inconvenience we had to face. We would like to know who should be held responsible for the same and what action should be taken regarding the issue.

Thank you for your time. Hoping to hear from you soon.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Where can I make a formal complaint? There is no clear link provided on Best Buy website.

Hello.

Sorry to read about your experience, and thank you for your feedback. However, this is a peer-to-peer forum, so customer service does not participate or monitor the forum. Those of us who moderate the forum cannot resolve any of these customer service issues.

If you would like to make a formal complaint to customer service, here are your options:

1. Call the customer service department and request that your issue to be escalated, explaining that you are not satisfied with the level of service you have received so far. 1-866-237-8289.

2. Use the email form here. You will have to be logged in to you bestbuy.ca account for the email form to work.

If you do not wish to contact customer service yourself (which is the fastest of the options), I can forward your info along to them. Someone from customer service will reach out to you over email, and they will provide all further assistance (this option may not be as quick). If you would like me to forward your info along, please send me a private message with your name, email, and order number. For privacy reasons, please do not post that info publicly.

Thank you again for your feedback.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter, complaint, or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation