Pioneer
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

NS-1054 Nordic Start Installation Instructions

I need the installation instructions for a NS-1054 Nordic Start. Can you please tell me where to get them? The ones I found online are all garbled.

Legendary Oracle

Re: NS-1054 Nordic Start Installation Instructions

Welcome to the Best Buy Community Plug-in forum @Marg .

I managed to find the PDF quick installation guide for your Nordic Start NS-1054on-line as well as a user guide.

I would highly recommend that you consider to have an authorized installer, to properly connect and install your Auto start system.

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Pioneer
0 Kudos

It is already installed & working great for several years now, but I am now in a different province, had some work done on my car & now it's not working so the installer here asked me to try & get him the installation instructions in case he needs to start from the beginning to resolve the issues. It's something I would like to have anyway since it was already on the car when I bought it and Nordic Star is no longer in business.
Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Hi @Marg ! Having a schematic and colour codes of wires, including "tap" connections (Connection of Nordic Start wires to vehicle wires) location, is immensly helpful to mechanics, should you need to have the vehicle serviced, and in this case car audio installers, if you want to augment the existing system, or diagnose an issue.

It would be great if your installer could make notes of colour codes used, and application, including relay locations etc..and provide you with a copy to keep safe at home.

I used to provide exactly this service to my clients, as I knew that eventually one of us would move. Smiley Happy

Pioneer

Thanks for your help but these are the same 2 links that I found. Unfortuntely, when I try to print them they come out all garbled. Possibly if I just provide him the links he can pull them up there.  Thanks again.

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Hi @Marg check your printer's ink levels, I had a similar issue trying to print a PDF document, it was resolved when I replaced my low ink cartridges.  Also double check your printer's driver, make sure it is updated.  If the preview looks ok on your screen, it should save to disk or print no problem.

The Captain

If you let me know the issue I would be glad to help you with it.

good bye and thanks for all the fish!!
Pioneer

sounds like it's in 'valet mode'. Is the light on the NS 1054's antenna on/off or flashing?
put the key in the ignition and turn key on then off 5X real quick - you should hear some clicks and park lights should flash a couple times. Now check the light on the antenna, should be flashing now which indicates you're good to go. hope this helps Smiley Happy