Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

What device will connect my wireless Audiotechnica turnable with my Bose speakers (SoundTouch10)?

My boyfriend bought me an Audiotechnica turntable (AT-LP60BK-BT) with wireless capabilities but it is unable to connect directly with our new Bose (SoundTouch10) speakers.

1) Is there any device that will allow me to pair the two? I have been told that the only way to connect them is through the AUX cable, and that this won't allow me to connect one speaker with another.

2) If not, should I return the speakers or the turntable? Or, should I try pairing the turntable with a future purchase like a soundbar?

Thanks in advance for your time and help! It  is much appreciated. 

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: What device will connect my wireless Audiotechnica turnable with my Bose speakers (SoundTouch10)

What happens when you try to pair the two devices?

Both support Bluetooth, so they should work together.  You shouldn't require any additional devices.

You should try pairing your phone to your speaker to see if your speaker is working.

If you have other Bluetooth receivers (e.g. Bluetooth headphones, headsets or even your car stereo), you could try connecting your turntable to those to see if your turntable Bluetooth is working.

Legendary Oracle

Re: What device will connect my wireless Audiotechnica turnable with my Bose speakers (SoundTouch10)

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the Best Buy Community Plug-in Forum @LaurenC. Smiley Happy

I noted on the Audio Technica's Turntable manual the following instructions to allow you to pair your turntable with multiple speakers/devices; 

" Connecting to Stereo System (Wireless Connection) About Pairing To connect the turntable to a Bluetooth receiver device, the turntable needs to pair (register) with the device. Once it is paired, you will not need to pair it again with that device, except in the following cases: • If the turntable is deleted from the Bluetooth receiver device connection history, • If the turntable is sent out for repair, • If the turntable is paired with 9 devices or more. (The turntable can be paired with up to 8 devices. When you pair with a new device after pairing with 8 devices, pairing information for the device with the oldest connection date will be overwritten by information for the new device.) How to Perform Pairing * Read the user manual for the Bluetooth receiver device. * Place the Bluetooth receiver device within 1 meter of the turntable to perform pairing correctly. 1. Set the Bluetooth receiver device into “pairing mode”. 2. After connecting the turntable’s power cable plug to an AC outlet, press and hold the wireless function button for about 4 seconds. The button’s Indicator LED will begin flashing red/ blue. 3. When the pairing is successfully performed, the Indicator will turn blue. "

Keep in mind that if you paired the Bose SoundTouch 10 speaker to another device, like your cel phone, you will need to unpair it from the cel phone to allow it to pair with the turntable

Another option would be to use the Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter .

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Highlighted
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Yes, that is correct.  My gf is always trying to pair her phone to my car when my car is already paired to my phone.