Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Best Buy warranty through Geek Squad makes it impossible to use!

[ Edited ]

I have an iPhone 6S I purchased last year. Go ttlkaed out of going to Apple to buy Apple Care, but instead got Geek Squad care on my phone. I pay $14-$15 month for the warranty.

I cracked my screen the other day, and need to use my warranty.

I can't go to Best Buy to fix it. Even though that's where I got the phone, and the warranty.

I have to call a 1 800 number to Geek Squad.

My conversation with their personnel did not go well. I requested a manager, or supervisor, or someone else to talk to, but got told no! I was told they would call me back in a few days. We'll see.

Anyhow, the replacement policy is not customer friendly, adn they make it very difficult to use.

So all in all, I had a bad experience, and wish I'd just bought my phone at Apple, and got the Apple Care, so when I need to use my warranty, I  can just go and use it.

Lesson learned.

Luminary

Re: Best Buy warranty through Geek Squad makes it impossible to use!

I would like to point out that apple does not do most repairs onsite or replacements onsite either and they also now mail out their units. Just because people believe they just replace it on site isn't the case if you take a look at the terms and conidtions provided by apple care canada as it really differs from the US counterpart.

Highlighted
Legendary Hero of the Universe

Re: Best Buy warranty through Geek Squad makes it impossible to use!

The Geek Squad repair process if very similar to the apple care one. With apple care you call or fill out a form online, and then you ship your phone away and await a replacement to be returned to you.  Geek squad is the same, the phone gets shipped out and you await a replacement

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg