Community Manager

How does a Product Exchange Plan work?

If you're looking for some helpful information on your Product Exchange Plan, please be sure to read the help topic on this matter. I've included some of the key benefits below:

Get a New Phone Instantly
If the cell phone you purchased from us should ever have a problem, see us for an instant diagnosis in-store. If it is defective, we’ll replace it on the spot with a brand new phone.

NOTE: Coverage excludes physical and accidental damage. For full details see terms and conditions.

Easy Monthly Payments
Convenient, low monthly payments charged directly to your credit card.

No Surprises
Our Product Exchange Plan guarantees you will have absolutely no out-of-pocket expenses when you make a claim.

Receive a Battery Replacement
If your cell phone battery is defective, we’ll give you a new one.

NOTE: Limited to one battery for the lifetime of your contract.

Get Complete Coverage
Not only are your cell phone and battery protected but our plan also covers any accessories that came inside your phone’s original package.

Convenient Service Locations
Bring your phone to any Best Buy or Best Buy Mobile location across Canada for prompt on-the-spot service.

If you still have questions, please contact Customer Service, or visit your local store.

BBYLaura
Community Manager
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Re: How does a Product Exchange Plan work?

Could you please provide me with a link to the full text and terms of your Product Exchange Plan, both as it currently stands and also as it stood in 2011?

I do not wish to pose any questions and receive generic responses thereto.  Instead, I wish to read through the agreement itself.

Sincerely yours,

Community Manager

Hi Guppy,

The terms aren't currenlty online (although they wil be shortly!), so I've attached the PEP brochure that has the full terms and conditions for you to read through.

Cheers,

BBYLaura
Community Manager
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

You're saying that we are getting a battery replacement but limiting it to one battery. I find that awfully unreasonable. Do you guarantee that you'll sell me only one defected battery. How is that a coverage? Also can this replacement plan be cancelled before the end of the contract term?
Thank you
Legendary Luminary
0 Kudos

no one warranties batteries so thats why bestbuy one ups all manufactor warranties by replacing the battery once

to cancel you have to buy out the remaining months of the contract at full price 

bby wizkid
Pioneer
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thanks for shaing this post. I read yor post it's very useful information.

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

I have an iphone 4 that still on with your Product Exchange Plan. The phone works great except that since i upgrade it to IOS7, the battery drops to 10% every 2 hours!!

Can i exchange for another phone?

Legendary Luminary
0 Kudos

I would say they would most likely give you a battery exchange and thats it, IOS7 is a known battery killer so not much that can be done about that

bby wizkid
Scout

the plan realy works by getting ur money every month for the next 2-3 years,and u really get nothing because if u go to the store and they cant duplicate the problem u are talking about,well guess what ur going home with the same problem not fixed exchanged or replaced,because it has to be duplicated and most of the time they re-set it and guess what it works good in the store then u get home or work or where ever and it happens again this is the same circle that u will go with again and again,till u can have the problem duplicated in the last year we have had this dance,evrytime we go they reset we leave next day were are back the reset we leave never offering to replace nothing of echanging,but hey all this is worth the money they get every month for the next 2-3 years right cus thats what we pay for being a customer at this store.

Luminary
0 Kudos

Excellent Post and very useful information.  Thanks for this @BBYLaura