BB2
Pioneer
0 Kudos

How to receive proper (Micro) SIM with Telus Prepaid Moto G Play?

During Boxing Week, I purchased (gifted) a BB Version of the Telus Prepaid Moto G Play phone.  The recipient has just recently opened and the phone only has a Nano SIM included (the Moto G Play has a Micro SIM slot).

Is it possible to have the proper SIM sent to me (have receipt & non-activated Nano SIM).  A quick look at the Telus PP Moto G Play user reviews indicate that Telus may have packaged several wrong SIMs with this model.  I have also contacted Telus and they know of the issue but are only willing to "sell" the proper Micro SIM.  They have asked me to get back in touch with BB to receive the proper SIM if I'm seeking to receive it FOC.

Any assitance to have the proper SIM sent to me? 

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: How to receive proper (Micro) SIM with Telus Prepaid Moto G Play?

Hey @BB2.

Sorry to hear about what you described with the SIM cards.

The customer support team at Best Buy would be the ones who can provide assistance regarding this. If you haven't already gotten in touch with customer support, and you require me to put you in touch, please send me a private message with your order number and email. I can forward that info along with the issue you described.

Thanks.

Our Charge Up & Play Contest for 2017 is happening now! Enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Are you certain it was a NANO only sim? I know any of the Sim cards I have got recently have been an all in one card, and you just break the pieces out until its the correct size for your phone

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

BB2
Pioneer
0 Kudos

I was going to contact CS by email but this has been down for several days now...  Additionally, I purchased through a BB retail location, so perhaps I will need to physically take all items in?  Not sure...

I should likely call the CS number for now.

BB2
Pioneer
0 Kudos

Yes Drax...  Definitely is a Nano only SIM...  Think Telus totally dropped the ball here as I've seen this issue come up on alternate boards.  Surprised this has not been more of an issue for BB Canada as Telus seems to know they've done this, yet taking no responsibility for it.

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Best thing to do might be able to take it and the receipt into the store and see if they can just exchange the card

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg