Pioneer
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

PEP Exchange run around

Hello,

I have a PEP on my cell phone which I bought almost two years back. I had iPhone 6 plus since last year and it has a battery problem since last month.

I head to Best Buy locations in Ajax, Best Buy mobile in Pickering, Scarborough Best Buy, Best Buy mobile in Scarborough Town and none of the stores have any iPhone 6 plus and iPhone 6s plus in stock. I was told that the Bestbuy will not carry any 6/6s plus phones.

I waited and waited but there is not enough stock any where. Since my PEP was expiring on October 24th, 2016 one of the sales person at Scarborough Best Buy told me to get iPhone 7 instead and exchange/return the product to iPhone 7 plus within 14 days making sure that the product is not opened.

I was very happy that I don't have to worry about the dead line and so I can wait for another 2 weeks before the stores can get the stock and exchange the phone for me.

I then call Best Buy mobile at Yorkdale mall. The sales person told me that they have iPhone 7 plus in stock. I went all the way to Yorkdale mall and when I presented the receipt and the phone the person said "oh, this is a PEP exchange phone and he cannot do it because it is final." i don't understand and I explained him the situation. It seems that the sales person was greedy about the new activations/upgrades. Pushing to activate a new phone. But why?

I called 1877-BestBuy and the person name Shavanna said this is instore issue and needs to be dealt with the manager.

As of my understanding the receipt clearly says: "If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, Best Buy will gladly give you a full refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase for most items.*.."

I have read full terms and conditions and nowhere to find any information regarding PEP exchange phones do not apply for exchanges within 14 days?

I am really really upset..

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: PEP Exchange run around

hi there @pcew0011, & welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear about the confusion (and your phone!). I've escalated this issue to the customer experience team here at head office, so someone will be reaching out to via the email address you registered to the community with.

If you have any further trouble, please let me know!

Cheers,

BBYLaura
Community Manager
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Pioneer
0 Kudos

[Update]

I haven't heard anything from customer service

Community Manager
0 Kudos

hi there @pcew0011

Oh no! Customer service sent an email on the 26th, it might have gone to your junk mail?

I've sent a Private Message requesting some additional information, please reply there.

thanks!

BBYLaura
Community Manager

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Thank you Laura (Community Manager), Jon (Resolution Team Member), Brandon (Best Buy Mobile Manager at Yorkdale Mall) for your effort to resolve my matter in timely and professional way.

I am really really happy and once again THANK YOU!

Highlighted
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Yay! So glad to hear it all worked out @pcew0011 Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for letting us know!

BBYLaura
Community Manager