Pioneer
0 Kudos

Buying a LAPTOP

So I just bought a new laptop today. I am not that well adept with computer so I signed up for the Geek Squad to install and set up my computer. Then I found out that I will be able to take home my laptop after 24 hours. My friend told me that how can I be assured that my new bought laptop wasn't exchange for a repaired or refurbished unit, and I was like yeah..I haven't thought about it. So right now, I'm kinda worried about it. Is there a way I can know for sure that what I will be taking home tomorrow is the same new unit that I really bought? Thanks for the respond.
Highlighted
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Buying a LAPTOP

Hi there,

we don't sell refurbished units in-store, there may be the odd one from time to time but I haven't seen one in years - and they're only specific models.

Not to mention if you bought a new computer what would be the point in swapping it for a repaired one?
Pioneer
0 Kudos

Yeah. But in the receipt that I have..is that the serial number for the laptop?. Just wanna make sure.
Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Swapping it out would be dumb, the employee would likely get fired when it was found out. Also there would be no benefit to best buy doing it as a company, that would ruin the business

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Legendary Luminary
0 Kudos

there should be a serial number on the box and also a serial on the bottom of the laptop, that would be your best bet

bby wizkid
Pioneer

Thank you guys. It didn't came up to my mind until my friend told me about it so that's why I started having doubts. But it's all good. I got my fresh laptop.