Scout
0 Kudos

Can I return my OLED as HRD is not supported through HDMI even though BB staff told me otherwise

Recently bought an OLED LG 65EG9600 From best buy and the tv is great, however although I did a lot of research I didnt realise that this set doesnt allow for HDR over HDMI which is a real let down. I do remember asking distinctly if this was supported and was told by the BB sales guy that yes its fully 4k and HDR ready.

So my question is, based upon this information would Best Buy let me return the set and choose another OLED (even if the price was more) based upon their advice being wrong?

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Can I return my OLED as HRD is not supported through HDMI even though BB staff told me otherwise

As long as you are still within the return/exchange period you should be good to go for that.

I didn't realize there were TVs out there that were 4K, but not HDR capable. That would be a deal breaker for me as well.

JB

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Scout
0 Kudos

Re: Can I return my OLED as HRD is not supported through HDMI even though BB staff told me otherwise

Thanks Juice, yeah thing is it's tricky, the set is HDR for streaming Netflix etc but not through HDMI which is the killer