Scout
0 Kudos

Computer not running at optimized levels

gtx 1060 3gb
Intel core i5 6500
8gb ram
mini-ITX H110
Windows 10
Hi, I could use some help on this. My computer isnt running as it should. I just installed a new mother board, graphics card, and Processor recently and ran very well for a bit, now after a month or so, it's slowed down quite a bit. Playing a game like fallout 4 ran very smoothly at first, now im around 30 average Fps for some reason.

I scanned for viruses, using roguekiller, nothing.
In game, the processor ran at an average of 60% and the GPU never went over 40%. I dont know if these are normal, but they seem like they shouldn't be.

I was thinking of restoring to factory and/or installing a new hard drive. The one im currently using shoots up to 100% ussage a lot and is around six years old I think.
Everything is up to date.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Computer not running at optimized levels

If your hard drive is near 100% capacity, that is probably your problem.

Legendary Epic Genius

Windows 10 does have a problem with 100% disk usage at random times, there are some start-up items you can try disabling to help via the services manager window such as SuperFetch and BITS.

Best of luck
Luminary

how are your temps while running those games? Also is windows 10 trying to constantly install a cumulative update in background?
if you are unsure you can use a program called HW monitor because excessive heat can cause issues too.

0 Kudos

Exactly what I would have recommended.

Services like Windows Search, Superfetch can help with Disk Usage if disabled.

Else, old school tricks like having a set size for the pagefiles for example can reduce the constant usage.