Highlighted
Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Dell 7567 got wet from the back grills. I bought it last Sep. Where can I buy motherboard for this?

Dell 7567 got wet from the back grills. I bought it last Sep. Where can I buy motherboard for this?

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Dell 7567 got wet from the back grills. I bought it last Sep. Where can I buy motherboard for th

It would likely be difficult to source the motherboard alone for the average consumer, as most businesses do not sell stand alone motherboards for laptops, if any of them do at all.

I'd suggest giving Dell a call directly and see what solutions they have for you, though i'd bet that theres a 99% chance the answer will be to take it to an authorized repair center for service.

Best of luck
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Dell 7567 got wet from the back grills. I bought it last Sep. Where can I buy motherboard for th

Depending on how long ago this has happened, and how adept you are at diassembling and reassembling things, you can try powering down your laptop and opening it up to completely dry the insides.

Check for water especially around the memory modules and let it dry in the open for a few days at least before attempting to power it up again.

I did this to one of my laptops on a business trip and was able to recover it.  I had lost one of my memory modules, but once I replaced it, it was good as new.