The Captain
0 Kudos

How can I stream movies from my desktop computer, using windows 7, to my Sony TV?

Hello: How can I or what do I need to purchase or obtain in order to stream movies from my desktop computer, which has Windows 7, to my 55-inch Sony 4K hi-def TV?

I currently have the Roku Streaming Stick installed on my TV but cannot use it to stream movies because it requires either Windows 8 or 10 to do so.

Can you tell me the easiest way to be able to stream movies over to my TV with my current set-up?

Thank you.

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: How can I stream movies from my desktop computer, using windows 7, to my Sony TV?

How close is your computer to your tv? Have you tried just running an HDMI from computer to TV?

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: How can I stream movies from my desktop computer, using windows 7, to my Sony TV?

Thank Drax86. Actually that was the lone option I considered as it is the only option I really know how to perform. However my computer is quite a distance from the TV, in a separate room in the basement.

I firgot to add that I do have wi-fi connected between computer and TV as well.

Is there a simply procedure I can perform, even it it means there is a device I may have to purchase?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

What i use for my house is a chromecast and a software called plex https://www.plex.tv/

Your load up Plex on your computer and your computer acts as a server to stream the content from, then with the chomecast plugged into the TV you stream the content to your chromcast

Also if your TV is a smart TV it could have the Plex app built in so you wouldnt need the chromecast

Chromecast also directly supports things like netflix and youtube with no additional software required

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

I use Chromecast.

It allows me to stream from my laptop and any phone in the house as well.

The Captain
0 Kudos

Great! I'll head out and pick up the Chromecast device. Thanks again Drax86.

The Captain
0 Kudos

Hi SonicBoom. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

0 Kudos

Make sure to get the Chromecast Ultra as it is the only one that supports 4k (if you want to take advantage of your 4k TV)

The Captain
0 Kudos

Hi Fellows: I discovered that my Tv supports the Chrome Mirroring option and as a result I am able to strewam the computer to my TV without having to purchase the Chromecast device. However I have noticed that the resolution is not quite what it should be or not clear enough and I'm wondering if anyone can help me or tell me how I can improve the resolution on the TV?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Screen mirroring likely mirrors the resolution of your computer, have you tried adjusting your computer resolution? You may still want to look at a chromecast, in my opinion screen mirroring is a convenience its not really meant for quality