Pioneer
0 Kudos

How come my pc download speeds are 50mbps and both my iPhone and iPad are saying 200mbps ?

[ Edited ]

I have the same speedtest app on all 3 of my devices

When I run it on my pc I get a download speed of app. 40-50 mbps

When I run it on my iPhone and IPad - both of them register app. 175-200 mbps

What might be the problem ?

ps I have Bell Fibe 1gbps service at my place

Thanks

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: How come my pc download speeds are 50mbps and both my iPhone and iPad are saying 200mbps ?

How old is your computer? 

Is your PC on wireless or hard wired?

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: How come my pc download speeds are 50mbps and both my iPhone and iPad are saying 200mbps ?

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

as drax mentioned is your PC on a wired or wireless connection?

If its wireless (or even to an extent wired) an LTE connection close to a cell phone tower can be significantly faster than a low-end wired connection. And that is likely what celluar signal your iPhone is running off.

Also, if your PC is say wireless, and your iPhone is also running off your wireless network, if its a new one with the "AC" standard that will also be a lot faster than a traditional wireless card in a PC, a lot won't have AC wireless cards unless they are newer, maybe 1-2 years old. 

Pioneer
0 Kudos

My pc is approximately a year old

and the connection is wireless

Legendary Hero of the Universe

You likely have a wireless card that only supports 2.4ghz which tends to have a much slower speed then the 5ghz frequency which is likely what your apple devices are connecting on to

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Thank you