The Captain
0 Kudos

How do I get internet explorer to work? I am connected to wifi but its still does not work.

Hello there,

I am using a lenovo sl500 think pad computer laptop.
And I accidentally deleted my Whole Computer - I used computer tool that said clean disk space. It erased it all and I had to reinstall hardware so the computer could start again.

So anyway I need to know how to get internet explorer to work - I am connected to wifi but it wont hook me up to the internet.

I searched for info and all the help didnt work - could it be my computer model with its software or something?

I need help!

Legendary Oracle
Legendary Oracle

Re: How do I get internet explorer to work? I am connected to wifi but its still does not work.

Thoughts....

• Some computers have a rescue partition to bring back the OS like a factory reset.
  • Which version of Windows is this?  Win10 has IE 11, but excludes the shortcut.
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: How do I get internet explorer to work? I am connected to wifi but its still does not work.

I don't think you need to install IE.  If you already have Microsoft Windows installed, you can type a web address on any folder window and it should redirect you to the browser.

The Captain
0 Kudos

So my computer runs on windows xp although there is a sticker on the computer saying windows basic vista and the internet explorer is internet explorer 7
Thanks for the reply

Legendary Oracle
Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

I had to give up my Vista machine with IE9 when Microsoft stopped supporting it.

The Captain
0 Kudos

Well my computer was working with google chrome before the accidental delete of my computer and internet explorer never worked then anyhow but I have tryed to save a download onto usb and install it back on but no luck I tryed with google chrome,  windows 10, internet explore 7 & 8, simple browser, and so on but my computer could only run a few of thoes and what did run didnt help.

If I brought my computer to bestbuy would they be able to help fix this for free?

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

No Best Buy would not fix it for free, you would need to pay to have it fixed

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Why not just re-install Windows and just download Google Chrome again?

The Captain
0 Kudos

Tryed that - I put the download onto usb and fed it into the lenovo laptop but for some reason it didnt work - nothing changed..

Legendary Oracle
Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Are you running on Vista or Windows 10?  The newer browers may not support Vista.  IE 9 was the last IE that worked on Vista.