Pioneer
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

I am wearing Bluetooth hearing aids and am looking for an adapter HDMI for my TV or cable box that I

I am wearing Bluetooth equipped hearing aids and would like to pair them with my TV or Cable box. The TV has 2 HDMI connections but is not bluetooth but I have heard that there are cheap adapters that you just plug into an HDMI connection and voila, you have a blue tooth connection so I can watch tV and not bother other people. Anybody out there that knows about this? I went into website of BestBuy and thought that there were chdeap adapters that I thought might do the trick. I tried to get somebody on the phone but that is impossible. Looking forward to an answer to my question. Thanks,

Robert Smiley Happy

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Hi Billy, maybe you have an answer to my question about an adapter for my hearing aids. See below. T

See my question above

Robert  (Canboy)

Luminary

Re: I am wearing Bluetooth hearing aids and am looking for an adapter HDMI for my TV or cable box th

If you have a output 3.5 or RCA audio outputs you can use something like this 

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/aluratek-aluratek-bluetooth-music-receiver-aiso1f-ais01f/1021899...?

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: I am wearing Bluetooth hearing aids and am looking for an adapter HDMI for my TV or cable box th

Hi @Canboy

@yippy_13 is right, you need a Bluetooth Transmitter adpter, and there is a good variety to choose from.

Depending on your TV, you will need to connect the " Audio output" from the TV to this Bluetooth transmitter.

Some TV's have 3.5mm (mini headphone) connector, if yours does not, there is an excellant chance that it has an optical audio output, which can be converted to analog using a Digital to Analogue converter, or connected directly to this Bluetooth Transmitter .

Can you provide us with make and model of the TV? so we can confirm which device will suit your needs best.

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Scout
0 Kudos

Hi Yippy,  Thank you very much for your answer. I think you got it right on the nose. There is only one problem, I live on a small island on the West coast of Canada and I am not even close to an electronic store ecxept maybe on Vancouver Island. The problem is that I don't know what to look for if I am going on line.I did go to Best Buy's website but I had no clue what I should buy. My TV is an older (about 7 years) Plasma TV 42" screen I know it does not have a 3.5 connection but it has 2 HDMI openings and because it hangs on the wall, I go by the diagram in the user manual. The model is Panasonic TH-42PE7U. If you could point out to me on BestBuy,s website what I am looking for that would be greatly appreciated. You see, I am almost 80 years old and not so swift anymore. Thank you for your trouble,

Robert (canboy)

Scout
0 Kudos

Hi Elico47

Thank you very much for your reply. My TV does not have a 3.5mm outlet but it has 2 HDMI ports. I have not looked behind the TV as it hangs on the wall and I am almost 80 and not so swift anymore. But I have the instruction bookletn with all the pictures and drawings of the back. The Cable box from Shaw also has 1 HDMI port. The TV is a Panasonic Plasma TV 42" model number TH-42PE7U but I could not find it anymore on the website. I went into BestBuy's website,looked at the link but I thought that I might need something like a transmitter that I can plug into an HDMI port as I don't have any 3.5 mm ports or am i looking for an impossibility?

Pioneer

Thanks Elico47. I found the right appliance by my hearing aid manufacturer. Thank you and I will mark your reply as Accept the Solution as several others came up with similar answers. Canbot
Pioneer

Hi Yippy, thanks again but I found exactly the device by my hearing aid company. I will mark your answer as Accepted as you had the right idea as several others who replied. Canboy
Luminary

Pretty sure the product i linked before should work with your tv. Just looked up the quick reference of your tv on the Internet and it seems you should have prog out RCA on the back of your tv. With the version of manual i found it was located on page 39. It shows it was the red yellow and white at the very bottom and that should allow you to output the audio from your tv to the bluetooth adapter (which also comes with the 3.5mm RCA Y-Cable) Once it's all hooked up you still would need to go in the tv menu under audio to select that as a output option.

Hope that helps

Highlighted
Legendary Oracle

[ Edited ]

Hi @RobertvanOeveren, that's a great TV Heart

Both @yippy_13 and myself, included links on our replies, (blue text in the post) which once clicked on them, it will take you to the models we recommended.

Happily you have 2 options to connect your TV to external sound sources.

On page 12 and 39 of the Panasonic manual, you can see 2 RCA type (Red/white) plugs, marked Prog. out. You can use these terminals to connect to THIS Alurarek Universal Bluetooth transmitter.

Another option would be to use the Optical Digital audio output, on the back of the TV, and use This Miccus Bluetooth transmitter.

Note that you may need to go into the TV's sound preferances and turn off the TV's internal speakers, to avoid an echo between the TV sound and the Bluetooth device you are using.

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg