Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

I bought a laptop and it is extremely slow since the 1st day. Would anyone know why?

I bought a laptop and it is extremely slow since the 1st day.   Would anyone know why? 

Highlighted
Luminary

Re: I bought a laptop and it is extremely slow since the 1st day. Would anyone know why?

Depends on the specs, what it is currently running ex multiple av's,does it still have all the lovely bloatware? is it up to date or is the unit still trying to install it in the background, how long have you had it?

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: I bought a laptop and it is extremely slow since the 1st day. Would anyone know why?

Can you let us know what laptop you got and the specs of it?

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

I agree with @yippy_13, I think that the adware that comes pre-loaded, is slowing you down along with other programs that may be running in the background. Removal of this adware, is a small part of services, which can be provided by Geek Squad.

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Legendary Epic Genius

Shirley, there are a lot of unanswered questions about your laptop that you will need to supply if you want to get any sort of useful answer.

Was it a new or used laptop?

How old is it?

How much RAM is in it?

What is the CPU and its speed?

Which operating system are you using?

What are you trying to run on it?

What are you using it for?

Is your slowdown due to weak WiFi?

Did you install any additional software on it?

How much free space is on your hard drive?

Do you (or anyone else in your household) visit any suspicious websites?

With what you have provided it is like posting that you just bought a car and it doesn't drive fast.

Legendary Oracle
Legendary Oracle

I got myself a 2n1 laptop last Christmas

Thoughts....

• what are your machine specs?  What is the make and model?  Some machines are faster than others.
  • the first few minutes of the machine can be kinda slow as it's checking for updates and downloading them.
  • Which mode are you on?  Battery Saver?  I changed the default to "High performance".... it's like a new machine.
  • what virus checker are you using?  I engage Norton's siient mode for more performance when I need it.