Scout
0 Kudos

I want to connect PC to TV. PC only has USB--no HDMI, DVI, or RGB output. What's the best solution?

My TV has HDMI input, but my computer only has USB--no HDMI, DVI, or RGB output. If I used an HDMI-USB cable, would it work? (Related question: I've seen USB "male" and "female" cables in stores. It looks like only "male" cables go in my PC--does that mean I can only input into the PC, not output from it?) If not, what's the best solution? I'd like to watch Youtube on the TV (the old Youtube app recently expired) and possibly view other things from my computer on my TV. Thanks.

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: I want to connect PC to TV. PC only has USB--no HDMI, DVI, or RGB output. What's the best soluti

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the Best Buy Community Plug-in @moisejp Smiley Happy

Yes, you may use a USB to HDMI adapter to get video and audio from the PC to the TV.

You mentioned that your PC only has USB, " no HDMI, DVI, or RGB output " , does it have a VGA output?

If so, than you may also use a VGA to HDMI adapter which will provide a video image, audio will have to be connected through the PC audio outputs.

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Highlighted
Legendary Oracle
Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: I want to connect PC to TV. PC only has USB--no HDMI, DVI, or RGB output. What's the best soluti

To clarify, what is the make and model of your TV?

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Hi there - can't say I've ever seen a computer without some sort of video output.

Does it have VGA? which is 3 rows of 5 pins on a blue plug.

Most TV's have that as well.
Scout
0 Kudos

My computer is a Sony VIAO. It doesn't have VGA. I may try HDMI to USB. Thanks!