Highlighted
Pioneer
0 Kudos

Looking for PC component.

I'm looking to upgrade my laptop's processor, I have found a processor I want but can't find where to buy it. The processor I'm looking for is an AMD A-Series A10-5757m. I've been looking everywhere but can't find it on online shopping or in store. Does anybody know where I could find one?
Pioneer
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for PC component.

I'm also looking for a price. Because I can't find that either.
Legendary Oracle
Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

What is the make and model of your laptop.... most laptop processors cannot be upgraded.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

It's an HP Pavilion 15-n048ca.
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Most laptop processors cannot be upgraded unless it explicitly says so.

Furthermore, if it is an HP laptop, you will likely need to contact HP for the upgrade processor.

Most (all?) laptops do not contain sockets for CPUs, so replacing them is strongly discouraged.  It is possible, but if you don't know what you are doing, you can permanently damage the laptop.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Hi there,

unfortauntely you will not be able to upgrade the processor in that laptop, there would be too many complications involved.

In addition, the A10 processor you seek would probably cost half as much as you paid for the computer, for little performance gain. If you want a noticeable improvement purchase an SSD to swap out instead of the traditional mechanical drive that is currently in there.

Best of luck