Scout
0 Kudos

Misleading website specs

Screenshot (4).pngI went in to pick up my recently ordered laptop from Best Buy. It was the Acer Aspire ES 15 ES1-533-C4L2. The entry on the online store said it had a 1.5 ghz processor. After receiving the computer i was having some performance issues, i went to check out the computer in the overview and the computer said that it had not a 1.5 ghz processor, but a 1.1 ghz processor, i am somewhat upset and I am wondering what my future course of action should be.

Link to webpage with computer specs: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/acer-acer-aspire-es-15-6-laptop-black-intel-celeron-n3350-500gb-...

Luminary

Re: Misleading website specs

http://ark.intel.com/products/95598/Intel-Celeron-Processor-N3350-2M-Cache-up-to-2_4-GHz

Based off that the min spec is 1.1 ghz with a max of 2.4 at boost. My guess would be a slight miss print since there is a celeron with the same specs just bast is at 1.5. Thus being said if performance is the issue i would have to point out it's a celeron processor which if base speed was 1.1 or 1.5 you would not notice a difference since it is the most basic processor you can get. There are other sites that also list the N3350 base speed at 1.5 ghz aka performace power settings with it plugged in.

Beside that I would like to point out you still aren't full updated yet since it is still running build 1607 vs 1703 so the unit is still probably downloading updates and installing them in the background which is causing your CPU to run at 100%. This will cause the unit is periodically freeze and lock up as it's installing those updates since in windows 10 the updates are automatic vs previous versions of windows.

Cheers hope that helps

Scout
0 Kudos

So what do you suggest I do

Luminary

Depending on your budget and what you want it to do I personally would exchange it for a better machine

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

I have to agree with @yippy_13  you are never going to get any real decent performance out of that machine, the difference of 0.4Ghz would not be at all noticable. You best option would be to get something with atleast an intel i3 cpu

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Highlighted
Legendary Epic Genius

Agreed as well, the Celeron processor is a huge bottleneck for modern day computing.

To see any noticeable gain you'd have to step up to an i3 - there should be some back to school sales coming up soon that will likely help you out on price!