Legendary Luminary
0 Kudos

Reading / Listening App

Hoping someone can help me track down an app

I'm looking for an app for my sons tablet that will let him read a book while also playing the audiobook for it at the same time. He is having trouble focusing while reading however when the text is being read to him while he follows along in the book his memory is much better for what is happening.

Cost isn't a factor for me nor am I worried about a subscription fee, just want something that works and is fairly easy to use 

Side note, he is only 8 so I want it all contained in the app as opposed to loading seperate ebook/mp3 files and him having to open two apps

Thanks!

bby wizkid
Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: Reading / Listening App

What kind of tablet? Android, IOS or Windows

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Legendary Luminary
0 Kudos

we have Ipads and android tablets... so either will work

bby wizkid
Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

What do you currently use for reading on the tablet? I believe some of the big name apps, like Kindle, Kobo and Google books may have a built in reading feature

You may also be able to enable some "accessibility" (hearing impaired) features on the Tablet it self which may allow more apps to read aloud

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Legendary Luminary

[ Edited ]

I have an app called Disney Story Central on our iPad and Android tablets.  Within the app there are audiobooks available within that support automatic audio read-along while advancing the pages at the same time.  It comes with a a few books for free as a start; you can buy an all-you-can-read subscription, or buy in-app coins, then redeem the coins for books for a "perpetual" basis.  On occasion they will have a free-book-a-day event where you can get a specific title for free.  The books from this app of course are Disney-related themes and characters.

Google's own Play Books app on my phone also contains some audiobooks that operate similar to the above (I have a few Dora audio ebooks).