Highlighted
Scout
0 Kudos

Samsung Notebook 9 Pro in Canada?

Does anybody know if BB Canada will be carrying the new Samsung Notebook 9 Pro?

I'm interested because it comes equipped with Wacom-powered EMR stylus capabilities.  (AKA the "S-Pen").

Bestbuy seems to currently only be selling this laptop in the U.S.

Scout
0 Kudos

Re: Samsung Notebook 9 Pro in Canada?

[ Edited ]

Well.., it has been a month since the U.S. release now, and the trade barrier has remained an impenetrable wall of hate.

Best Buy remains silent on their policy. Just a “Will not sell to Canada” even on their **retailer** store.

Hint, you fermenting jackalopes: If you're going to be deliberately pejorative in your international trade decisions, then at least have the nuts to declare your policy. The silent treatment speaks of cowardice and contempt.

I sincerely hope Samsung decides to sell this through other retailers, because you can be damned sure I’m going to avoid giving Best Buy a friggin’ dime.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Check out the *retailer*, they have it. Though I find items on there tend to have inflated prices compared to others, but may be your best bet.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Edit: I said it like that not to sound like a d-bag but to get around the censorship when mentioning non-Best Buy alternatives
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Thanks for the honest feedback. Unfortunately, this is a peer-to-peer forum, and customer service does not monitor or participate on the forum, so you are unable to use the forum to directly address Best Buy Canada customer service or the individuals who are in charge of inventory.  

Whether your feedback is positive of negative, we, the community team, appreciate your honest feedback. We do regularly forward these types of forum discussions along to the relevant people because it is important that they be made aware of what is being discussed; they can use this info to make improvements moving forward.

Best Buy Canada and Best Buy USA operate independently, and the buying decsions of the business managers in Canada are completely separate from the buying decisions of the managers at Best Buy USA.  So, if a product is sold at Best Buy USA, it does not mean it will be sold at Best Buy Canada. Unfortunately, there is no way for the community forum team to know if and when the product will be available at Best Buy Canada. If it does become available, the website would display that product, without any prior communication to the forum though. Fingers crossed it becomes available.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. With the exception of announcements that I'm instructed to post, the majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Legendary Luminary
0 Kudos

In addition, Samsung Canada operates separately to Samsung US/UK/Korea/Singapore/[name-your-other-countries]. Quite often Samsung Canada would not offer a product that are available in other countries, or offer products with different features than elsewhere.  Same goes for HP, Lenovo, etc.

Apple is the one of the exceptions in the industry where they are pretty good at unifying their product offerings around the world.