Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Something is stuck in my usb port how do i get it out. and the outer side is bent.

About two weeks ago i bought a dell laptop from you guys. Last night before i went to bed i forgot to take my laptop off of my bed. And when i woke up it was on the floor. I just recently noticed that the outer side was bent and i wasnt able to get my headphones out of the headphone jack and my usb port for my mouse out of their as well. ALso a piece of plastic broke off from where the headphone jack was. What should i do, do i bring the laptop in?delll.jpg

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Something is stuck in my usb port how do i get it out. and the outer side is bent.

[ Edited ]

I think it wouldn't hurt to bring the laptop in.

Not sure if it is under warranty for things like that or whether Best Buy would handle it or Dell.

Not sure, but your home insurance might possibly cover an accident like this as well.

If you're trying to get something out, you might want to try with a pair of tweezers to gently dislodge what is stuck in there.  It may be difficult if the connector is bent or damaged.

USB connectors can be replaced, but if you do it yourself it would void the warranty.

Legendary Oracle
Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: Something is stuck in my usb port how do i get it out. and the outer side is bent.

Thoughts....

• typically impact damage is not covered by manufacturer.
  • two weeks ago?  Was it purchased on a premium credit card?  There may be coverage there.
Pioneer
0 Kudos

The photo is to small to properly see however you can probably turn the laptop off, unplug it and remove the battery. Then use some small pliers and try to take the part out thats stuck.

Thsi would not be covered under any warranty.