Pioneer
0 Kudos

how do i turn off the beep in sleep mode in windows 10

we upgraded our hard drive which is windows 10.  when it goes into sleep mode, it will beep every 2 seconds.  how do we disable it?  

Thanks

Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: how do i turn off the beep in sleep mode in windows 10

Normally it beeps while the battery is low. Depending on the machine  you might be able to get into the BIOS and see if there is an option for beep and alarms.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response.  Smiley Happy  we tried the BIOS route and couldn't find the beep and alarms to disable.  The drive is an Acer tower.  

Thanks,

Sandy

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

I encountered an issue like that with an hp laptop once, and there was no fix for it, it had nothing to do with WIndows, it was some hardware issue but we never did determine the cause.  Did you just upgrade the windows to 10 or did you change some hardware as well?

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Pioneer
0 Kudos

We changed over to a whole new OS on the computer that is beeping in sleep mode.  I will be doing an upgrade to Win10 on another system.  Smiley Happy

The printers etc all are working and are not new to the system.... just the Acer hard drive is new.   

Highlighted
Luminary
0 Kudos

Is it a beeping coming from the tower or speakers? If it's speakers have you tried to disconnect all devices except mouse and keyboard?

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Smiley Happy It is beeping from the tower only.  once in sleep mode, it beeps every 2 seconds.  Smiley Happy

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

That sounds crazy.  What kind of tower is it?

Something like that must have a BIOS setting or else I would check in the Acer setup, or even Control Panel under "when my computer goes to sleep".

I have seen Enterprise servers do this when the redundant spare power supply is not plugged in, but not on a personal computer tower.

Luminary
0 Kudos

how old is the unit? since it is coming from the unit try to reflash the bios and if you did that i would run memtest on the memory. If it's older than 3 yrs i'd suggest to replace maybe the cmos battery. Also another thing you can try is to reseat the memory and GPU if you are familiar with it.

If all that didn't solve your issue the last thing i would try is maybe attempt a new power supply if you have a spare to try. Besides all that i'm out of suggestions so i hope that helps.

Cheers