Highlighted
The Captain
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Cordless Phone Questions

Greetings,

With the cordless phone that I have right now (vtech ds6311-2) , when I enter a contact (name and number) into a handset, the contact appears in the other handset. Is this a standard feature among the different manufacturers?

My previous phone (Uniden?) had a light at the top to indicate a new voice mail message (the phone didn't have an answering machine built-in). The light on the vtech is a charging indicator. Does anyone have a phone where the light is actually for new messages? What make and model is it?

Thanks,

Shane.

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: Cordless Phone Questions

[ Edited ]

I would recommend any of the Panasonic brand ones, they are by far the best. They all configure to a single base so they info is saved across all phones (may vary by models), they also have a charging light that will also flash when you have a message.

The features will vary a bit based on the models some models will even speak out the callers name and number while it is ringing.

here is a couple options 

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/panasonic-panasonic-2-handset-dect-6-0-corded-cordless-phone-wi...?

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/panasonic-panasonic-3-handest-dect-6-0-cordless-phone-with-answ...?

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

The Captain
0 Kudos

Thanks. The Details & Specs don't say anything about a light at the top of the handset. Its a small feature, but important to me.

Shane.

Legendary Epic Genius

I have a panasonic phone set, it does indeed have a light at the top of the phone for voicemail and stuff.

I'd go to your local store and check the phones out that are on display, most should have it. I don't see panasonic taking it out in some and having it in others.