Highlighted
Legendary Epic Genius

2018 Steelbooks BB Canada won't be Selling

[ Edited ]

Well, 2018 is here and not such a good start for Steelbooks.

I've asked a few times for an indication as to what we should expect for Steelbooks from BB, and unfortunately the favorable announcement's are very far and few.

So I figured I would start a thread listing the confirmed products which won't be carried by BB.

It's mainly for occasional visitors to the blog who simply ask rather than sift through tons of posts. Trying to find previously posted answers can be trying at times. I will try to recap every so often.

Again, these Steelbooks WON'T be sold by BB Canada at this time:

1. Ong Bak Trilogy BD - Release Date was Jan 02
  2. Jigsaw - Release Date was Jan 23
  3. Batman: Gotham by Gaslight - Feb 06 Release Date, Not official, but unlikely.
  4. Blade of the Immortal - Feb 13 Release Date, Not official, but unlikely.
  5. The Dark Crystal - Music Store Exclusive
  6. Jumanji (2017) - Confirmed by @BBYTerence
  7. Lady and the Tramp - Confirmed by @BBYTerence
  8. The Greatest Showman - Confirmed by @BBYTerence

Legendary Oracle

Re: 2018 Steelbooks BB Canada won't be Selling

[ Edited ]

Thank you @Jacques1400 for starting this thread; it does make things easier; especially since this site never gets updated https://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Movies-TV-Shows/Official-SteelBook-Announcement-List/td-p/161118 . Also, would you like other members to add to this list when they find out about other steelbooks we ask for and find out if we will or will not be recieving that title?

Sadly it seems 2018 is not going to be a good year for Steelbooks at BBYC; case in point the two Jack Reacher movies that are part of the Paramount Steelbook Wave March 2018 are not going to be offered. As I have posted in another thread I questioned our community manager if we will be recieving any of the other steelbooks from that line. While, I already have an idea what the answer will be; might as well get a actual from response BBY so we can make other plans. Smiley Happy

The Oracle

@Jacques1400 remember Jumanji Welcome to **competitor** is also a music store exclusive
Legendary Epic Genius

Thanks @Leprekon, I remembered about the record store, but I just did not want to push things causing the post to be moderated. Smiley Wink

@bjmaxvin67, thanks as well, the Paramount wave is scheduled to be released in March, so I'm going to hold off before including it. A lot of things can change in a month.

It's an open forum, anyone can post in this thread, as long as it's been confirmed as a non-event.

I will still compile the results in a single post every so often, if nothing more than to make it easier for everyone to read through.

The Oracle

Yea I understand @Jacques1400, just wasn’t sure if you forgot or not but your right.
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Updated:

Again, these Steelbooks WON'T be sold by BB Canada at this time:

1. Ong Bak Trilogy BD - Release Date was Jan 02
  2. Jigsaw - Release Date was Jan 23
  3. Blade of the Immortal - Feb 13 Release Date, Not official, but unlikely.
  4. The Dark Crystal - Music Store Exclusive
  5. Jumanji (2017) - Confirmed by @BBYTerence
  6. Lady and the Tramp - Confirmed by @BBYTerence
  7. The Greatest Showman - Confirmed by @BBYTerence
The Captain
0 Kudos

It's quite disappointing that we won't able to get any of these great titles. I'm hoping we can get Pitch Perfect 3, but most likely it's not going to happen. Should we start a "Where to buy all these upcoming steelbooks" thread? No offense, just joking😜
Legendary Epic Genius

wrote:
It's quite disappointing that we won't able to get any of these great titles. I'm hoping we can get Pitch Perfect 3, but most likely it's not going to happen. Should we start a "Where to buy all these upcoming steelbooks" thread? No offense, just joking😜

Not sure if you saw Jigsaw, but it's just about as far from a "great title" as you can get. 

It's disappointing we won't have access from Best Buy Canada to these titles, but if they're choosing not to stock dreck like that -- than we should be thankful more than anything. I know some people like to just buy steelbooks for the sake of it just because it's in a steelbook, but I'm a lot happier when they sell steelbooks for movies that are actually worth buying.

Legendary Epic Genius

@Jacques1400

You can remove "Batman: Gotham by Gaslight - Feb 06 Release Date, Not official, but unlikely." from the OP Smiley Wink

Legendary Epic Genius

@Drum18

Thanks, I did in the update:

https://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Movies-TV-Shows/2018-Steelbooks-BB-Canada-won-t-be-Selling/m-p/182923#...

Can't edit the top post after a certain time period, all I can do is update.