Epic Genius
0 Kudos

A new way for shipping?

Bye Bye Kraft paper... Hello air filled bags...

At least with Kraft paper, steels were "almost" not moving into the box....  now, it's just crazy!  Surprised the GOTG2 steels didn't get all banged up...

01.jpg02.jpg

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: A new way for shipping?

Even though the content floats, I'm not that concerned with damage unless it's more than one per shipment.

I felt it was ecologically friendly using Kraft paper, can't do zip with those air filled bags apart from chucking them in the garbage.

My area only recycles hard plastic.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

I liked the paper as well.

Luminary
0 Kudos

Jacques1400 wrote:

Even though the content floats, I'm not that concerned with damage unless it's more than one per shipment.

I felt it was ecologically friendly using Kraft paper, can't do zip with those air filled bags apart from chucking them in the garbage.

My area only recycles hard plastic.

@Jacques1400 and @Drum18 

While, I perfer the paper wrap maybe they only used air filled bags instead of the Kraft paper for this one GOTG Vol 2 shipment; I guess we will find if they have actually switch over to airbags when we recieve the Lion King Steelbook this Tuesday.Smiley Happy

Legendary Epic Genius

It's obvious how OCD we can be when we start an entire thread about the filler material in the packaging.

So obviously the best way to wrap it is with several layers of protection on all sides of the SteelBook.  This is like the Frustration-Free cardboard boxes from certain online retailers or a few layers of bubble-wrap around SteelBooks when you buy them from a fellow collector or as part of a group buy.  This is when you know the packager handles with love. Smiley Happy

The kraft paper and the new packaging (Sealed Air Fill Air Extreme Efficiency (TM) packaging) are always on top of the SteelBook(s).  I guess it would take extra time and care to put one layer on either side of the SteelBook, rather than two layers on top of the Steelbook on one side.

Still, I'm not complaining because I have rarely seen damage from this packaging.  But we're almost there!  I guess they are in a hurry to ship these things out which is why they don't have time to put the SteelBook in the middle of the packaging.

I actually dropped my box of SteelBooks when I brought it into the house.  I think I saw it fall in slow motion with me crying "Nooooo".

Thankfully, no damage.

These new pillow pockets are lighter so I guess it might save a bit on shipping.  It's also much smaller than the kraft paper.  Ever try recycling the kraft paper?  It takes up almost as much space as the compressed box!

The new plastic seems to be eco-friendly.  I've seen some plastics now which degrade pretty quickly too.

Highlighted
The Oracle
0 Kudos

I got the air bags in Alien Covenant as well