Legendary Oracle

Atomic Blond & Baby Driver Steelbook

Hey @BBYTerence and @BBYLaura I was wondering Best Buy USA has announced they will be recieving both

Atomic Blonde [SteelBook] which has a release date of 11/14/2017 and Baby Driver [SteelBook] that has a release date: of 10/10/2017. Has there been anyword from Best Buy Canada if  we will be recieving both these steelbooks. Smiley Happy 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/atomic-blonde-steelbook-includes-digital-copy-blu-ray-dvd-only--best-bu...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/baby-driver-steelbook-includes-digital-copy-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray...

The Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: Atomic Blond & Baby Driver Steelbook

@bjmaxvin67

I believe Best Buy USA (or some other U.S company) will now almost always get a steelbook for an action movie new release.

But I don't think pointing out that fact has any influence on whether or not Canada will get one also.

I think it's too late in the  game now to announce a Baby Driver steelbook.

Besides personally, from what I have seen around the world, the colour used on this is just awful.

I'm not a fan of the art for the Atomic Blonde steelbook either.  It looks like a tired Mondo release but not by Mondo.

But then I've always said that it would be nice if the Mondo X line would just die.  Especially since I won't be picking up

"We Are X" which is the only one I don't own.

Legendary Oracle

[ Edited ]

casey1985 wrote:

@bjmaxvin67

I believe Best Buy USA (or some other U.S company) will now almost always get a steelbook for an action movie new release.

But I don't think pointing out that fact has any influence on whether or not Canada will get one also.

Besides personally, from what I have seen around the world, the colour used on this is just awful.

I'm not a fan of the art for the Atomic Blonde steelbook either.  It looks like a tired Mondo release but not by Mondo.

But then I've always said that it would be nice if the Mondo X line would just die.  Especially since I won't be picking up

I know @casey1985 it is too late in the game now to announce a Baby Driver steelbook; but it does not hurt to ask. Who knows maybe we may get lucky and it may be a last minute decision on BBY Canada part and they may decide to get it (but I won't hold my breath). Smiley Wink Yes I also agree that the art for both of these steelbooks is horrible; this is just my opinion but it seems like they are just slapping some art and throwing it out to the masses to purchase. Smiley Very Happy 

Luminary
0 Kudos

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

casey1985 wrote:

@bjmaxvin67

I know @casey1985 it is too late in the game now to announce a Baby Driver steelbook; but it does not hurt to ask. Who knows maybe we may get lucky and it may be a last minute decision on BBY Canada part and they may decide to get it (but I won't hold my breath). Smiley Wink Yes I also agree that the art for both of these steelbooks is horrible; this is just my opinion but it seems like they are just slapping some art and throwing it out to the masses to purchase. Smiley Very Happy 

There WILL be a Baby Driver 4K Steelbook in Canada, however I’m not sure which retailer will be carrying it. PM me and I can offer you proof Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

goofysuperman wrote:

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

casey1985 wrote:

@bjmaxvin67

There WILL be a Baby Driver 4K Steelbook in Canada, however I’m not sure which retailer will be carrying it. PM me and I can offer you proof Smiley Wink

Well, make sure you let us know where to look when you find out! Is it the same art?

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

A Baby Driver Steelbook is available from the Online competitor, but there are no pics yet.  Smiley Wink

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Baby Driver for Canada is the same as BB USA:

Safe to assume that BB Canada won't be getting one. Smiley Wink

81IA1AcAciL._SL400_.jpg

Community Manager

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

Hey @BBYTerence and @BBYLaura I was wondering Best Buy USA has announced they will be recieving both

Atomic Blonde [SteelBook] which has a release date of 11/14/2017 and Baby Driver [SteelBook] that has a release date: of 10/10/2017. Has there been anyword from Best Buy Canada if  we will be recieving both these steelbooks. Smiley Happy 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/atomic-blonde-steelbook-includes-digital-copy-blu-ray-dvd-only--best-bu...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/baby-driver-steelbook-includes-digital-copy-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray...

Hello!

I have yet to receive any news about either of these titles.

As of right now, it is unknown if Best Buy Canada will be getting steelbooks for Atomic Blond and/or Baby Driver.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service issue, complaint, problem with your bestbuy.ca account, or inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Community Manager

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

Hello.

I was told that Best Buy Canada will NOT be getting a steelbook for Atomic Blond

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service issue, complaint, problem with your bestbuy.ca account, or inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Captain
0 Kudos

Does that mean yes to Baby Driver or still waiting?