The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: Beauty and the Beast

Leprekon wrote:
Anyone else get a email about recent orders can't be fulfilled?

Yeah, I got the same message. I wonder if the second batch of pre-orders was some kind of mistake Smiley Sad

Kinda disappointed as this was going to be a gift for my niece's birthday.

It was nice of them to offer the discount but with a such a short expiration date will make it difficlt to use. I may try calling customer service to see if I can apply it to an existing pre-order.

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Was hoping to be able to reserve one of these Steels for in-store pick up this morning, but the in-store reservation thing is not working. Says store inventory is not available. I can't make it to the store until after work so I'm betting they'll all be gone then thanks to scalpers and the lack of a 1-per-customer rule, and of course a lack of stock. Smiley Sad

Edit: Ha! And just like that, refreshing has paid off... now stock is available once again... online! Says 22 remaining, going to order one lol

The Oracle
0 Kudos

goofysuperman wrote:

Was hoping to be able to reserve one of these Steels for in-store pick up this morning, but the in-store reservation thing is not working. Says store inventory is not available. I can't make it to the store until after work so I'm betting they'll all be gone then thanks to scalpers and the lack of a 1-per-customer rule, and of course a lack of stock. Smiley Sad

Edit: Ha! And just like that, refreshing has paid off... now stock is available once again... online! Says 22 remaining, going to order one lol

Love how we all get our orders cancelled last week for ones that were preordered 2 weeks ago and this nonsense of release day online stock. The instore reserve hasn't worked for many of these steelbooks lately. 

Luminary
0 Kudos

Yeah, if I hadn't used the $5 promo "apology" they gave for canceling the Steelbook, I could have used it to order the same Steelbook! So weird. But glad I was able to secure one. They did not last long this morning.

The Captain
0 Kudos

Whats the point of preordering something if it isnt expected to arrive until next week?

This happens more and more with Best Buy, man if they didnt have steelbooks.....

The Oracle
0 Kudos

Neooiler wrote:

Whats the point of preordering something if it isnt expected to arrive until next week?

This happens more and more with Best Buy, man if they didnt have steelbooks.....

Preordering guarantees (most time unless they cancel your order) that you will receive it. It's been mentioned many times about this. Bestbuy is usually good but no as good as other retailers getting things on release day. It all depends on when the order is packaged at the warehouse and when Canada Post picks it up to where you live. If you live near the GTA  you will either get it on release day or the next day and if lucky the day before release day. 

The Captain
0 Kudos

Hey glad you got to pick one up! I didn't pre-order and unlike you i missed out on the online refresh on release day.

But I got to work and called 2 BB's and was able to place one on hold that morning! Didn't think anyone would have any in stock (already passed 10am) but always worth a shot to call! Smiley Wink Went the same route and got the same result on getting the Steelbook of La La Land and Rouge One! ...almost makes pre-ordering not worth it! ha! Didn't work out for Logan...but seems like that Steely was a bust anyway (scratched up after X-amount of dollars spent). Anyway, on to next one!

The Oracle

Mine showed up mint no scratches or anything under the wrap!
The Oracle
0 Kudos

Leprekon wrote:

That is good to hear @Leprekon I had to put my mail on hold for a week till I get back home and was wondering the condition it would be in when I retured home.Smiley Happy If this an indication on how they coming in the mail the I can breath a little easier.  Smiley Very Happy 

The Oracle

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

Leprekon wrote:

That is good to hear @Leprekon I had to put my mail on hold for a week till I get back home and was wondering the condition it would be in when I retured home.Smiley Happy If this an indication on how they coming in the mail the I can breath a little easier.  Smiley Very Happy 

I hope for the best for you @bjmaxvin67. No one has complained so it's looking good for you