Community Manager

Re: Dr. Strange Steelbook Thread

BBYTerence wrote:

They have told me that this has been flagged to ship in a box and NOT bubble wrap. So it's supposed to be packaged in a box.

As for why it says Purolator, I'm not sure. I'm still waiting on an answer to that.

Hey everyone. I have been diligently trying to stay in the loop with the status of the Dr. Strange steelbook since it's a hot item.

This is definitely flagged as an item that needs to be shipped in a box. Best Buy has given clear instructions to the third party fulfillment centre (a third party warehouse that ships most of the online orders) to do so, however, I know that the fulfillment centre missed a few of these. It's very disappointing. What this means is that SOME have been shipped in bubble wrap and SOME have been shipped in a box. So there might be some unlucky ones who will receive the shipment in bubble wrap. I'm sorry to have to break that news to everyone. I have already notified customer service of this shipment issue pertaining to the Dr. Strange steelbook. My personal suggestion to everyone is that IF you happen to be of the unlucky ones who receives their steelbook in bubble wrap, and it is damaged, call customer service right away.

Our Charge Up & Play Contest for 2017 is happening now! Enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Oracle

Mine came in the typical over sized box with paper stuffing but everything looks good @BBYTerence
Epic Genius

Mine in a box with kraft paper.  Perfect condition. Smiley Happy

Img_9030.jpg

Community Manager
0 Kudos

That's awesome @Drum18 and @Leprekon.

Enjoy!

Our Charge Up & Play Contest for 2017 is happening now! Enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

The Oracle
0 Kudos

@BBYTerence mine came in the typical over sized box with paper stuffing  and everything looks good.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Sweet! glad to hear it @bjmaxvin67

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

The Oracle

Still confused as these box sizes. I like the really small ones that always fit the steelbooks up to 4. Made them secure and less fragile
Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Is there going to be a 3D Doctor Strange Steelbook like there is on the bestbuy.com website?,

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/marvels-doctor-strange-steelbook-3d-blu-ray-dvd-only--best-buy-blu-ray-b...

or is Canada stuck with the 2D version?

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@Nikarax

Pretty sure that the 2D edition is the one and only we'll ever get in SteelBook.  Now that the global release is behind us, I don't see any reason why Disney/Marvel would release another batch.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Looks like Canada gets 2D SteelBook only.